Well I know I'm a little late at posting this but I thought I would let you know how our Thanksgiving went. It was fabulous!
I was quite the little baker that's for sure. I made four kinds of pies, Pumpkin, banana cream, lemon meringue, and chocolate. Mmmm.... they sure were delicious. I was pretty proud of myself at how well they all turned out. My crusts looked amazing, nicely golden brown, and the meringue on top of the lemon had beautiful golden peaks. Ok yea I'm dramatizing things a bit but they did turn out pretty darn good if I do say so myself. Rob even commented on how impressed he was with my pie baking abilities. That's always a bonus when your hubby compliments you on your cooking. :-) In addition to the pies I made my moms broccoli salad and the yummy raspberry jello salad that you could eat as dessert. Rob was calling it the BTS jello salad.
The boys deep fried our turkey again this year and once again they did a fabulous job. It was so yummy! It was pretty funny to watch them cook it though. We looked out the window and started to laugh. They had set up camp at the far side of the parking lot. They had the pot on the stove cooking while they lounged in their camp chairs reading the black Friday adds. They looked pretty silly, especially since they were all bundled up in their winter attire. Thanks boys for braving the cold weather to cook us an awesome turkey!
As we sat down to eat, we had a table loaded with yummy food: mashed potatoes and gravy, turkey, sweet potatoes, sweet potato soufflé, salads, rolls, stuffing and plenty of pies. We were lucky to be sitting down with great friends, Jason and Diana, Becky and Ryan and their cute kids, and Andrea. We had a good time talking while we ate our fare share of food until we were all stuffed and couldn't move. After our tummies settled a little bit we broke out the games. Andrea had to head out but we gained another friend to play games with. Blake, one of the youth from our ward, came over to have some fun with our crazy group. We laughed and played games, ate the yummy pies and ice cream then we headed home.
If we have to be apart from family for the holidays, spending it with friends is a good alternative. We are lucky to have such good friends here in Illinois.
The next morning when Rob got up and headed to the hospital I headed out to go shopping. I spent the morning shopping with Becky and Andrea at Target and Kohl’s. We also met up with Jason and Diana at Target. They were going shopping to more stores than us so we didn't see them much. Even though it was early in the morning I still had a good time shopping and hanging out with the girls. Later that day when Rob came home we went back out and hit a few more stores, without the crowds.
So our Thanksgiving was a successful Holiday. Thanks for all the love that was sent our way from our families in Utah. We love you!
3 comments:
Did the guys look like bums cooking the turkey?? That would have been fun to see. My step dad deep fries his turkey too! It's the best! Got your card today! THANKS
Mmmm Mmmmm Pie, wish that was one of the things I could actually bake.
Wow, A year has gone by since we were in Chicago! I remember a chocolate cream pie I helped you make and we thought about you at midnight while we were waiting to get off the freeway at the outlet stores. We are glad you had a marvelous Thanksgiving, but we still wish you were here!
Post a Comment