
First of all, I'm sorry! For some strange reason I just haven't been in the writing mood. That means you haven't been getting very many updates. So I thought I would give you an update on what life's been like for us lately.
Rob started his General Surgery rotation the week of Thanksgiving. It has been a very long rotation, maybe not in how many days he's been going but in the hours. They have him working six days a week and long hours everyday. He gets up and leaves before I get out of bed and doesn't get home until after me. We were actually lucky to have him home for Thanksgiving, they were going to make him work. So anyway, we both get up really early now. I go to seminary and Rob goes to the hospital.
I've been slowly getting the house put together. I hate unpacking! It's so hard to figure out where to stick everything. So my Saturday's usually consist of doing the regular cleaning like laundry, dishes and bathroom but I try to get a few extra things done as well. It will be nice when I'm done.
I've been feeling a little behind on the cleaning and house stuff because I love reading. For some reason I get addicted to reading. Once I'm done with one book I can't wait to pick up another one. Just in the last week I read three books. It's kind of hard to stay on top of your everyday chores when you can't pull yourself out of the pages of a book. I guess one good thing about reading more is I've been watching much less tv. Thanks D for supplying me with an endless amount of books to read. :-)
Rob started his General Surgery rotation the week of Thanksgiving. It has been a very long rotation, maybe not in how many days he's been going but in the hours. They have him working six days a week and long hours everyday. He gets up and leaves before I get out of bed and doesn't get home until after me. We were actually lucky to have him home for Thanksgiving, they were going to make him work. So anyway, we both get up really early now. I go to seminary and Rob goes to the hospital.
I've been slowly getting the house put together. I hate unpacking! It's so hard to figure out where to stick everything. So my Saturday's usually consist of doing the regular cleaning like laundry, dishes and bathroom but I try to get a few extra things done as well. It will be nice when I'm done.
I've been feeling a little behind on the cleaning and house stuff because I love reading. For some reason I get addicted to reading. Once I'm done with one book I can't wait to pick up another one. Just in the last week I read three books. It's kind of hard to stay on top of your everyday chores when you can't pull yourself out of the pages of a book. I guess one good thing about reading more is I've been watching much less tv. Thanks D for supplying me with an endless amount of books to read. :-)
This last Saturday was my work party. It's always fun to go to a party. I like getting dressed up. It's not like I wear anything too fancy it's just Sunday clothes but I very rarely wear make-up or really do my hair. So it was fun to have an excuse to pamper myself a little more than usual. We had really yummy food and we had fun talking and laughing with Kim and her husband. Kim is our accountant at the office and since we're the only girls employed by the company we kind of stick together. Rob had to go to the hospital early the next morning so we tried not to stay too long.
Since Rob was at the hospital for a 30 hour shift Sunday to Monday I had a very quiet Sunday by myself. Jason and Diana were nice enough to feed me Sunday night. So I went to their house, ate their food, and then beat them at a game of Ticket to Ride. :-) Thanks guys for letting me come hang out with you!
Oh, speaking of Jason and Diana. They are officially eligible to adopt now. Their adoption profile is up and running and they have a blog for adoption stuff. All they need now is a baby! Go to their blog to find out more.
So as you can see our lives are kind of boring right now. We're both really busy with hospitals, studying, seminary, work, books and sleep. I hope everyone is doing well and staying warm. Christmas is almost here, I hope you have all your shopping done! :-)
Love you!

5 comments:
Love your hair, you look beautiful.
Thank you! You are too sweet!
What a babe!!! You look really hot! your hair has grown alot since is saw you last! Glad you guys are doing well! Tell Rob Hi for me! Miss you guys.
love Brit
You look great! Unpacking is never fun. I'm the same way with books that's why it's hard for me to start, my boys don't make it easy to finish.
I really like your hair "done!" It's getting long! The long hours of rotation don't sound so fun. I love the game ticket to ride!
Post a Comment