Wednesday, July 9, 2008

SLACKER!

I know, I've been slacking big time on keeping updated. I started reading those darn Twilight books and couldn't pull myself away from them long enough to even right an update. So now that I've finished reading and can focus again, here I am to catch up on the things forgotten.

I realized I hadn't written about my Lake Powell trip so I did that one first since technically it should have been before the camping trip update. Then I realized I hadn't written about our trip downtown for the Taste of Chicago so I did that one next. Now all I have to do is update you on the last week. I read three books in one week! Ok, that's not all I did but it sure feels like it. I did put the book down for the fourth of July.

Rob has been doing a Family med rotation down at Christ hospital and he's enjoying everything he's getting to do. Well maybe not everything. He doesn't exactly enjoy doing vaginal exams. He's amazed at how much he's been able to do and see in the last few weeks. I guess the location of this hospital/clinic is a great place to gain lots of experience. They also have a sister clinic that he was able to go to for a week and he was able to speak a lot of spanish. He came home from that clinic really excited one day. He said he "saved" them big time. I guess nobody could get the blood drawn from this one guy and they were about to give up and send him into the hospital to get it done when Rob came in and showed his skills. Rob has always been really good at sticking people so this day was a good day for him. He said the supervising doctor was really impressed with him after that. Way to go Babe!

So Rob's thoroughly enjoying the clinic setting and has really liked being back in action. I'm enjoy it too. I love having him home by 5:30 every night. We’ve officially lost our minds and have started training for the marathon. In case any of you didn't know, we signed up to run the Chicago Marathon. Yes, I know we're insane. I don't know how I let Rob talk me into it but he did and we're signed up so I guess we have to start paying for it. We've been really good at sticking to a training schedule and getting our miles in. The first week or two I thought I was going to die. While I'm suffering and thinking I'm dying Rob just kept chugging on. So this past week when we did our nine miler I was able to get into a really good pace and I didn't need to slow down very often and didn't feel like I was suffering. So I thought I was doing awesome not slowing Rob down, then he tells me I killed him. How'd that happen? I was always the one thinking he was killing me, then he says I killed him. Hmm.... interesting isn't it?

This past weekend for the fourth of July was a lot of fun, busy but fun. We spent the morning at a friends house for a brunch party then we had people over to our house for a dinner party. We made dutch oven enchiladas and ate really yummy birthday cupcakes. After dinner most everyone went to the park to watch the fireworks with the ward. I was way too tired to go to the park so we just watched them from our door step. Saturday we did our nine mile run then we went to the phone store to finalize the switch of our service. Now if you call and we have a dropped call it wont be because of my really worn out phone. Then Sunday we had dinner at Becky and Ryan's house with the Bowlers. Both Jason and Becky were celebrating their birthday on Sunday so we all celebrated together.

Whew, it was a long weekend. The month isn't slowing down at all either. This weekend we're going to a Cubs game, next weekend we're going to Nauvoo to meet up with Rob's family, the last week of July I have girls camp and August starts school so that means I have to start teaching seminary. Wow, lots to look forward to and lots for me to prepare for. No more books for me! Only the New Testament from here on out.

4 comments:

Alisa said...

Sounds like you will be super busy this summer! Good luck with thta marathon, I am sure you both will do great!

Bri!!! said...

How fun. OK I LOVED the twilight series. I have already pre paid for the 4th one off of Amazon that will come out in August. I can't wait. I can't believe I liked those books. Vampires and wherewolves, what the crap? Anyway, I think it's awesome you are doing a marathon, and I'm so glad Rob is enjoying doing clinic. Yeah, the vag exams are no fun. Dan saw some nasty women...eweey. Glad to get the update.

Leake's said...

Hey kiddo!

Sounds like life is in the fast lane. Good for you. You learned it well. The Twilight books were awesome weren't they? I sat on the deck of the cruise boat and read all of book 2 in one day. Love the easy reads. Waiting for the movie!!!!

Hey, Rob should apply for residency in Oregon. But go inland. You will freeze on the coast. You can get you a house on one of the lakes in the farm lands. Get a boat, have a boat full of grandbabies, build us a Grandparents house in the yard. It would be awesome. Love you!

Michelle said...

The books are totally addictive! Needless to say, I was somewhat of a neglectful mom while reading them. Z & B just started reading them, so we will see how they do.