Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Go Cubs



One of the benefits of my job is my boss gives me tickets to all kinds of things. So that's what we did this weekend, we went to a Cubs game. We had so much fun. We all, meaning us and the Bowlers, had our Cubs attire on and actually looked like we belonged at Wrigley Field. The game was a great game too. We pulled out a win in the bottom of the eleventh inning. Wahoo!!! What a party! Everyone in the stadium went crazy.



To make the day even better, the weather was beautiful. It was a little sketchy at first and we were worried we would get rained on but not one drop fell on us while we were at the game. The clouds even kept the sun from getting too hot so the temperatures were very pleasant. The boys got their brats and loaded them with toppings. The toppings made it all over their faces and we had two very happy boys.




We ended the day by going to dinner with Jason and Diana and Jason's parents. Since us and the Bowlers do just about everything together his parents were kind enough to just accept us as part of the group here in Illinois. Friday night we all stayed up really late and played games. It sure was fun, hope we didn't wear them out all in one night. :-) Just kidding, I was so tired by the time we made it home I think they wore me out.




Rob had something exciting happen at work Friday. The location of his school and the hospitals he gets to do rounds at are proving to be very beneficial. He gets to experience so much because of the location, its awesome. I'm sure some of you are going to think we're totally wacked out when I tell you what we were excited about but oh well here it goes. Friday Rob was able to go to the ER for a few hours in the morning before they sent him to the Family med clinic. At nine o-clock in the morning he experienced his first death. A 20 year old gentleman was brought into the hospital with a stab wound to the chest, given to him by his mother. What the crap! It's only 9 in the morning and someone’s been stabbed? By their mom? That's Chicago for you. I know, it's stupid that we're exited about someone loosing their life but holy cow! This definitely beats sitting in a library all day! Chicago is definitely going to keep Rob busy. At least I don't have to worry about him getting bored.


5 comments:

Alisa said...

You guys are always having so much fun! Good for Rob, I don't think it sounds weird but it comes wit the bid-ness I guess. I am sure he is going to be coming home with a ton of stories forever, good for you to be into it. Let him know how good he has it and make sure he remebers!

Jamy said...

I love the pictures! That's crazy that the mother stabbed her son in the chest! I almost didn't even read the story because of my squeamish-ness but I was brave and the story wasn't half bad! The more he deals with this stuff, I'm gonna have to make Tyler read it first to see if I can stomache the story or not! =) BTW, how is seminary going?!

Lindsay said...

That looks like so much fun! Brian and I have been wanting to take Talmon to a game.

Your poor hubby has to see some WIERDO stuff.

Leake's said...

Wierd? Heck that is awesome! Not the death part, the wound part! But hey, you know your crazy family doesn't squirm at the site of blood. We call wounds trophies, so to see something like that, I can see Rob saying: can I see? Can I come in? Let me hold the tray!
Rob we are proud of you! We are glad you are happy with the score. We know how hard you work for tests and we know you deserve it!

Becky and Ryan said...

I love all those happy smiling faces, ahh relaxation. Something you all needed. A great day for a ball game.