Wednesday, April 15, 2009

SMILE

Have you ever had one of those days that you wake up and you just can’t stop smiling? Well today is one of those days for me. It’s been a great day ever since I open my droopy eyes. Okay so maybe not ever since. It took me a few minutes to start seeing straight and my brain to start functioning properly, which is NOT uncommon for me. But once those eyes opened up and my brain was in full functioning mode, it’s been a GREAT day.

This morning as I sat down at my desk and opened my email I received a very lovely email from one of my very dear friends. No, I’m kidding. It wasn’t lovely at all. Yes, she is a lovely friend but the email was NOT. I about jumped out of my scaly skin and ran away. Good thing the desk was between me and the door or else I might not be sitting here anymore. I had to practice some breathing techniques to gain control of myself after that one. There’s nothing like a good SCARE to get your morning started.

Scary as it was though, I almost busted up laughing because of my reaction. So yes, even a scary email put a smile on my face today.

There’s one other thing that has been putting a giant cheesy grin on my face today, our FAMILY PICTURES! I’m a huge DORK, I know, but they really have slapped a silly grin on me all day. I was so excited to see these pictures so when they were finally posted I couldn’t help but be giddy. Sam, the oh so amazing photographer, was so fun when we had the pictures done and I’ve seen how well Jamie’s (the recent bride) pictures turned out that I just couldn’t wait to see how our family pictures would look.

Ahhh….(silly girl screams of excitement) SHE DID AWESOME!!

How can anybody not smile after seeing these fun pictures?
http://http//onedayinjunephotography.blogspot.com/2009/04/leake-family.html

My point exactly! I’m glad you see it my way.

So what puts a SMILE on your face and makes your day GREAT? Is it something as silly as seeing your family pictures or being scared by a friends email? Or finishing yet another book maybe…… You already know I’m addicted so there’s no reason for me to try and hide it.

Well these are the things that have made my day fun today.

7 comments:

The Chicago Bowlers said...

You are so cute! And those pictures are great! I love them and we love you too!

Kim said...

T can always put a smile on my face when she gives me hugs and says something funny. Three year olds can say the darndest things!

Alisa said...

The ones of you and the hubs are priceless! So beautiful!

Samantha said...

Well, this post put a big cheesy grin on my face! I'm so glad you were happy with them! You guys were so fun & up for anything. I loved it!

Samantha said...

Oh, and thank you for your kinds words. They meant a lot!

Leake's said...

Happy people, horses whinny, dogs cuddling, kids who love their Mom, happy thoughts on your blog, phone calls from kids in Chicago, phone calls that start with "guess what", giggly renditions of what happened last night, sunshine, snowflakes, pumpkin plants coming out of the ground, birds in the trees, sunsets, a day in the temple, good friends, snuggling with the husband, these are a few of my make me smile things.

Becky and Ryan said...

Ok, I am glad the email didn't ruin your day. I should have given you a heads up. I forget you check your email at work. I promise to send you a nice one too. So thiking of Tiff puts a smile on my face! Love ya, Becky