Monday, April 27, 2009

Goodbyes totally SUCK

Our fourth year medical school friends have found out where they’re moving for their residency programs. We knew this day would come eventually but we were trying to ignore it. However when it’s blaring right in your face and staring you down, it’s hard to hide from.

When match day came around, oh say a month ago, we had a big get together with all the medical students in our ward/stake. There was food galore, yummy treats, games, volleyball and friends. It was so fun celebrating their exciting news with them. The VanDusen’s are headed to Texas, the Allen’s are off to Washington, and the Condie’s are getting away to Michigan.

Congratulations everyone!


The lucky ones who are moving on. Condies, VanDusens and Allens.

You made it through MEDICAL SCHOOL!! That alone deserves a big celebration.

So while we’ve been so successful at ignoring the fact that these fun people are leaving us, we could ignore it no more. Rob won’t be here when they all officially leave so we had to say some goodbyes this weekend and it SUCKED royally.


The Brainiacs a.k.a.Medical Students. Some 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th years.

It was all I could do to hold myself together. Rob was giving Mike and Leanna a hug goodbye and saying a few last words to these two awesome people when I looked over at him. His eyes were getting nice and glossy and his cheeks were starting to turn a slight shade of red. He was having a hard time saying goodbye too. (don’t tell him I told you this, you know how guys are about people knowing they have an emotional side) He kept looking over at me with those sad eyes and I was a goner from there on.
Granted I was already getting a little emotional due to the fact he was going to be getting on a plane the next morning and I wasn’t going with him. He’s my EVERYTHING and if you know us, we DO NOT like being separated, even for a night. Call us CRAZY if you must.
So goodbyes are not my friend. I don’t like them in the least. They can go take a hike for all I care. Now I’m off to try and be more successful at hiding from the goodbyes that are looming over my head.


The Med School wives. Hey we deserve some credit too. It's tough work being a wife of a medical student!

Happy Monday!

5 comments:

Leake's said...

Even when you know they are coming, it is not easy. But I keep thinking about my kids being in Chicago, it's short term. "Make new friends and keep the old, one is silver and the other gold" I know it's a cliche. But it is true!
We love you guys and feel your pain in SLC!

Lbrtychic said...

I agree....goodbyes do Suck...and we seem to continue to say good bye to lots of friends from here. It's hard to continue to see our friends move away...but new ones keep coming and now we have lots of good vacation spots all around the world!!!

Jared and Brittany said...

Wow, what an adventure you guys have had! You are tiffy tuffy! I look up to you for how strong you are. I don't think I could ever move away from home. You guys have met so many new people and I am sure that you will continue to meet more! Keep smiling! Love YA!

Rae said...

Wow. Lots of sadness. I totally thought Rob was taking off this weekend! - what a slacker friend. I almost know how you feel, and so I wish you speedy returns to togetherness!

Jenny Allen said...

What else can we do though? I like what Lib said - we have vacation spots and awesome people to visit all over the place. That's supposed to make us feel better. Did it work for you? :)