Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter

So maybe you’re wondering why my hair is red now or maybe you’re not but I’m going to tell you anyway. This last week for our youth activity we went to the mall to play “Where’s Malldo”. Ya know like “where’s walldo”. So anyway, the kids had a list of names of the leaders who were playing the game and they had to find all of those leaders in the mall. The trick of it though was that the leaders had disguised themselves to make it a little more difficult. I was one of the leaders who the kids had to find. So in my brainstorming trying to figure out how I was going to disguise myself I decided to dye my hair a different color. What the heck right? That’s what I thought anyway. I’ve never had my hair any other color than blonde so I thought this gave me a good excuse to try something new. So now I’m a red head for a while. :-)

My red hair wasn’t my only disguise if you’re wondering. I dressed up like a pregnant lady and my friend dressed up like a grandma. We had fun dressing up and hiding from the kids while pretending to shop. This is an activity anyone involved with the youth should try.

Besides my red hair the week was fairly quiet until the weekend. Rob studied most of the weekend but I went shopping with Jason and Diana on Friday then Diana and I made cute chocolates on a stick for our Sunday classes. We had a good time figuring out how to make our chocolates look presentable rather than just eatable. After multiple re-heatings, white chocolate explosions, clean up of white chocolate and choosing which colors to use I would say we had the concept down.

Saturday night we spent a few hours at Mike and Leanna’s eating yummy food and playing games and Sunday was Easter. Sunday was a very quiet day for us. After we came home from church I started making a few things for dinner and Rob started studying. We had dinner at Jason and Diana’s along with Zach and Andrea and it was a very casual and enjoyable night. I think that’s about all I can update you on for the week.

Best things for the week.

1. An Easter Miracle, as Zach put it. Rob was somehow able to get his studying done faster than he had anticipated so he was able to come over to Jason and Diana’s to eat dinner with us. It was nice to have him with us. I don’t think my Easter would have been quite as enjoyable if I didn’t get to spend it with my hubby.

2. Cute cupcakes and chocolates. Diana is trying to make me domesticated like her. :-) She’s doing a pretty darn good job at it isn’t she? Our cupcakes from our cake decorating class turned out really cute. We learned how to make some really cute flours, clowns, and bears or if you’re me dogs. Our cupcakes and chocolates were definitely a highlight of this week.

3. Our Savior, Jesus Christ and the sacrifice he made for us so we could live with him again. We are so lucky to have such a special holiday to remember him and what he has done for us.

Have a great week everyone. We love you.

Tiff

4 comments:

Alisa said...

Pretty daring to go red for where's malldo. And the prego belly, is that any hint to a near future status with you?? Glad you had a good holiday.

Becky and Ryan said...

Tiff, you are hilarious! Do you have pictures of you guys in your disguises? Your treats sure turned out beautiful! I am glad you had a nice Easter. It is one of my favorite holidays too. I still need to see your hair in person!!

Jamy said...

That "Where’s Malldo" sounds soooooo much fun! Forget working with the youth, I'd love to do it with a big group of adults! (Only cause I'm not in a calling with the youth!) What a blast! I'm so impressed with your chocolates and cupcakes! You need to post some pictures of your work! Glad you were able to spend Easter with your hubby! Love you guys!

Kim said...

We used to play a game like that with combinded YW/YM back in Indy. It was always at Union Station. We always had a great time!