Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Cake Time

Since last week was rather uneventful I'll just jump right into my best things.

1. Cake decorating class. Diana and I have been saying for a while now that we want to take a cake decorating class. We are finally doing it. Our classes are once a week for four weeks. Maybe by the time we're done with this class I'll know a thing or two about making a cake look beautiful. I'm really excited to go to class tomorrow and test my skills on making a frosting rose. (wish me luck 'cause I think I'm going to need it.) :-)

2. Chocolate cake. I was going to make a cake to take to Leanna's baby shower on Saturday and I had a new recipe I wanted to try. Well, I'm going to give you a little advice... don't try making something new when you are limited on time and/or if you don't have the appropriate ingredients. I was really rushed to get the cake done due to the fact I had just come home from a YW camp meeting and I was going to have to leave shortly after that to go to a YW basketball game. Needless to say my cake didn't turn out quite the way it was supposed to because I had to improvise on a few things. Even with my improvising though, it tasted delicious and I would be more than willing to make it again, maybe next time I'll make it the way it's supposed to be made. :-) Sorry Leanna and Becky that I ended up after all not making it to the shower to even share the cake. :-( What a crazy day I had on Saturday!

3. Becky Walters. I tended Becky and Ryan's kids on Friday night while they went to a hockey game and I just love Becky to death. She is such a sweet and loving person. Becky is always busy planning or preparing something for someone. She's put on a few baby showers for people in the ward just because she wanted to, she's the primary president, and she's always feeding us. (Becky makes really yummy pizza!) I'm always impressed by Becky's loving personality so I figured she better be put on as one of my best things of the week. Thank Becky for being you!

That's all folks. Like I said, our week was rather uneventful. I know it's a shocker for us to be uneventful but I'm afraid it's true. Better luck next week. :-)

3 comments:

Becky and Ryan said...

Tiff, you are making me cry! You are such a sweetheart! We all love you guys! When I just pulled up your blog the kids started yelling its Rob and Tiff. They were excited to see your picure! Don't worry about the dessert. I am just sorry you couldn't come. Saturdays are always so busy! Where are you taking the decorating classes? You will have to show us your new skills for the next baby shower! Hey I hope you are going to the RS Birthday tonight 7pm at the church! Hope to see you there. Have a great day! Luv Becky

Alisa said...

I am sure you wil make the best dang rose ever, and if not, I am sure it will taste the best ever which is the only really important part!

Alisa said...

Honestly, Bill and I have been pretty busy with things that have popped up in our personal lives, and only hung out when people asked us. Sounds snotty I know, but we are just lil worry warts right now! We can get togetha wheneva.