My dad has been going to ID the past few weekends to go bear hunting and this last Sunday upon his return he had quite the story to tell. I laughed so hard when I heard this I just had to share it. I just wish I had a picture.
My dad and his cousin Bryan left the house in the truck, pulling a trailer carrying their four-wheeler. Apparently they weren't paying attention to the gas gauge and they ran out of gas. (mom I think this means you are off the hook for your running out of gas mishap on your way home from IL) So they pulled the truck to the side of the road and remembered there was a gas station about a mile back, or a mile ahead (I can't remember). So they pulled the four-wheeler off the trailer and filled it up with the gas they had. They were planning on riding the four-wheeler back to the gas station to grab some gas for the truck. Well not wanting to waste time, since it was already late at night, they came up with a brilliant idea. Not an idea any of us might think of, this takes the brains of a redneck! :-)
The four-wheeler was all gassed up and ready to go but it wasn't going anywhere. It was parked in front of the truck. My dad and Bryan proceeded to tie the truck to the four wheeler to see if the four wheeler had the guts to pull the beast of a truck and it's trailing friend, the trailer. They were back in business. Twenty miles an hour down the side of the freeway, to the off-ramp, and a left hand turn into the gas station. The four-wheeler pulled the truck and trailer. I can only imagine what that had to look like for those fortunate souls who drove past them. :-) And do you think they took a picture of their brilliance? NO! They were having too much fun pulling a truck with a four-wheeler.
Yes people, my dad is a redneck!
I love you dad! Thanks for the good laugh.
4 comments:
That is a great story! I like the bear skin. You have a very creative, and resourceful Dad.
OH MY GOSH. That is hilarious. I cannot believe they did that...actually I can:-). I'm glad you posted that. Dan and I had a great laugh. Also tell your hubby congrats on only 1 more month. You are going to be SO STOKED. It's going to be so much better. That is when things got a lot more bearable for sure. Plus hubby will be much happier. Tell him good luck on the boards, and to make sure to have fun sometimes because if he does he will study more effectively.
That is so funny. I wish you had a picture too. It sounds like something that Jason would do.
THat is the most awesome story I have heard! I would never have even considered doing that - but it worked. Just goes to show, right!
Post a Comment