What do you do but laugh? That’s all I could do. I was so shocked by the unexpected outcome that I literally couldn’t do anything but laugh. In fact, I was laughing so much I had tears running down my cheeks. I don’t think Rob really knew how to handle my sudden burst of laughter. Was I sad? Was I happy? Was I upset? He just couldn’t figure it out.
We found out where we’re moving today. And I say it was unexpected not because we’re disappointed by the outcome, we just simply weren’t expecting it.
The most important thing is that Rob will be doing what he wants to do, that’s Orthopedic Surgery. He’s going to get to be an Orthopedic Surgeon! It’s what he’s wanted to do before he even started medical school. He loves, I mean LOVES surgery. So we’re very ecstatic that he is going to be able to fulfill that dream. And it just goes to show that if you put enough hard work and dedication into your goals they are attainable, no matter how far off they may feel when you first make them.
So with no further delays, the big reveal of where we will be moving. Where we will be living out our lives for the next five years. Where we will start our family and begin to raise our children. Where Rob will become more confident in his surgery abilities. And where the Lord has chosen to send us, because ultimately this is the most important reason we are being sent where we are, is TULSA, OKLAHOMA!
Anybody else shocked? I thought there might be a few of you. It’s ok to be shocked, just please don’t be sad or disappointed. There’s no need to be, especially if it’s only on our behalf.
We truly are thrilled with the outcome. And I have no doubt in my mind that we are being sent to Oklahoma for a reason. Our loving Heavenly Father knows the bigger picture. He knows what is waiting there for us and for what purpose. And with that, we trust in him and his knowledge and are looking forward to the move. It will be quite the adventure, even if it is one to laugh about. :-)
10 comments:
Congrats...that is exciting! Go Rob! Orthopods can afford to send their kids to college, awesome pick for your family! Whoot whoot!
Yahoo! Tulsan's, Cowgirls, Cowboys, Hurricanes, Indians, Small mountains, open country, Okalhoma where the wind comes sweeping down the plains.
We are excited for you!!!!
Rick is celebrating his advance knowledge . . . :) We are excited for you guys. We LOVED the small town midwest . . . wide open plain . . . room to breathe, move, drive. Awesome, awesome. Just don't expect too many visitors. (j/k!)
Oh, and Rick says to tell you he knows people at Tulsa.
Oh yes, and we have a bunch of stuff for your new baby (hopefully you don't mind hand-me-downs). If you don't want it, that's fine to, just tell us and we'll find another home for it. Congrats on all acounts!
Wow! Sounds like an adventure if I do say so myself.
YAY!!! I'm so glad he is going into Ortho! Congrats! How did you guys find out so soon? Match day is in March...lucky! No matter where you are, it's a blessing he is doing what he will LOVE! Dan said he would have not been happy with any other specialty. We are only 10 hours from you if you ever want to check out Albuquerque, or have it as a halfway point if you ever decide to drive home to Utah. WAY TO GO ROB AND TIFF!!!
Wahoo! Go you! Ahh, its so nice to know where you'll be for the next few years.
WOW! I would have never guessed OK! I know someone there and the housing is much more affordable! Good luck with the move!
congratulations you guys! i was shocked when nate told me last night, but i've always wanted to visit tulsa. :) now there's a good reason.
Congrats Tiff!!! I am glad you guys are excited!!! I am happy for you too, that is awesome for Rob!!
That is so great Congrats. My little brother is currently serving in the Tulsa, OK Mission he comes home the end of August. When do you move?
Post a Comment