Every Friday we usually try to play some kind of game in Seminary. Usually this game should incorporate the Scripture Mastery scriptures or some kind of review of the New Testament. I'll tell you what; lately I've been kind of boring. At the beginning Rae, my amazing teaching partner, and I really tried hard to be creative and come up with fun, creative games. Well as time went on we started to lose steam. We were just playing the same games over and over and over again. For tired, grumpy, hormonal, attitude-ee, comatose teenagers... boring does not work well.

So this week to change things up a bit (and to keep things simple, I'm not exactly firing on all cylinders that early either) we played "Sorry! sliders." With scripture mastery thrown in the twist too of course.
It worked out pretty well, I think. We still had the "I'm too cool to participate" kids who sat back and acted like they didn't care whether their team was winning or not. I mean I'm not wonder woman or anything. I can't be expected to satisfy AND entertain ALL 18 of my tired, hormonal, attitude-ee, comatose, "I'm too cool" teenagers at 6 in the morning. I'm only human.
I'll tell you what though, by the time the game was running out, we were down to the wire and the winner was so close to that finish line; each and every one of the students were cheering on their elected teammate who was making that last attempt for the winning points. Ahh.... a successful Friday Fun Day! At least we managed to keep their attention one day of the week.
Have a Fabulous Friday! I hope it's a Fun Day for you too.
No comments:
Post a Comment