Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Do You Remember?

Do you remember when I was baking lots of cakes?


Do you remember when I was baking lots of cakes so I could practice?


Do you remember when I was baking lots of cakes so I could practice because I was going to make my first wedding cake?

Do you remember when I was baking lots of cakes so I could practice because I was going to make my first wedding cake and it was for my sister?


Do you remember when I was baking lots of cakes so I could practice because I was going to make my first wedding cake and it was for my sister's March 14th wedding?


Do you remember when I was baking lots of cakes so I could practice because I was going to make my first wedding cake for my sister's March 14th wedding which would be in Utah?

Yea you remember all that? Oh good! I thought you would have forgotten and I would have to remind you all about my cake baking, practicing and fruit arranging. But I don't have to remind you because you remembered.

Well I now have proof of all my labors. Here's the final product.


All that baking, practicing and arranging paid off. I think it turned out pretty stunning for my first BIG cake, aside from the frosting flaws. I would appreciate it if you would just look over those minor details. Just pretend like they're not even there. Just look at all that beautiful fruit. Look at all that beautiful fruit and wish you could have some. Oops. Now wipe up the slobber that just fell from your mouth and splashed on your arm. Good. Now maybe you should go find some fruit in the fridge and satisfy those cravings. I know I'm going to.

9 comments:

Kimberlyn said...

Looked beautiful, you did a great job. I don't know any bride especially your sister that wouldn't love having that. Check out http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com and you'll know what I'm talking about. :)

Alisa said...

That looks soooo pretty and I bet it was pretty dang yummy too, good job.

Leake's said...

Yes, the cake looked fabulous! You outdid yourself. Thanks for your hard work and labor of love. It turned out to be just what Jamie and Adam wanted. I can't wait to see all the pictures Sam took of it.

Nan and Aaron said...

that is incredible. I'm stressing over making a cake for my 4 year old birthday tomorrow! wanna help? Hey, and we still have your hat!

Jenny Allen said...

I love it Tiff. It looks amazing. Like someone said, I'm sure your sister, or any bride, would love to have that cake. The pictures are beautiful. What a cool skill to develop!

Screwed Up Texan said...

Hey, that is a beautiful cake! Well done! Looks like we have the same baker's rack...did you get it from Pampered Chef? If I were getting married I'd definitely have you do my cake!

Rob and Tiff said...

Yep, Pampered Chef all the way. I LOVE their stuff.

Stephanie said...

WOW, your cake turned out beautiful!

Not sure I could handle the pressure of making a cake for someone's wedding lol. Had you ever made a wedding cake before? It had to be quite the task to accomplish and I admire the effort you must have put into it!

Kim said...

Looks good! I'd eat it!! Great job Tiff!