Yay! I'm back and ready to fill you in on our adventuresome life.
Most of you know already but we have some really AWESOME friends. Spamelot was in town and Jason absolutely loved it when he saw it a few years ago so he wanted to go again. He found some inexpensive seats and he turned into a little kid in a candy shop. He REALLY wanted to go see it. I was a little hesitant to go with them though. My main concern wasn't even the money, which is always a concern. It was the fact that it was on a Thursday night. Both Rob and I get up at 5 a.m. and I just wasn't sure if going out on a "school" night was a good idea. Well I decided what the heck, we might as well go. I mean come on. You never know when you'll get to see Spamelot again right? Well Jason and Diana ended up treating us to the show which took away the burden of the money issue too. So we were set. Diana and I rode the train into town while Rob drove over from the hospital he was at. We all met up and grabbed a very quick bite to eat then we headed to the show.
The show is the Broadway version of Monty Python and the Holy Grail. It was pretty funny. I think my favorite parts were when the actors adlibbed in some spoof lines about our newly impeached governor. The whole crowd was roaring. (Oh did you hear our governor was officially removed from office yesterday?)
Most of you know already but we have some really AWESOME friends. Spamelot was in town and Jason absolutely loved it when he saw it a few years ago so he wanted to go again. He found some inexpensive seats and he turned into a little kid in a candy shop. He REALLY wanted to go see it. I was a little hesitant to go with them though. My main concern wasn't even the money, which is always a concern. It was the fact that it was on a Thursday night. Both Rob and I get up at 5 a.m. and I just wasn't sure if going out on a "school" night was a good idea. Well I decided what the heck, we might as well go. I mean come on. You never know when you'll get to see Spamelot again right? Well Jason and Diana ended up treating us to the show which took away the burden of the money issue too. So we were set. Diana and I rode the train into town while Rob drove over from the hospital he was at. We all met up and grabbed a very quick bite to eat then we headed to the show.
The show is the Broadway version of Monty Python and the Holy Grail. It was pretty funny. I think my favorite parts were when the actors adlibbed in some spoof lines about our newly impeached governor. The whole crowd was roaring. (Oh did you hear our governor was officially removed from office yesterday?)
So even though I was a little more tired than usual this morning, it was worth a night out with our friends. We had a good time chatting, laughing and just being together.

I can't really say I have a whole lot more to give an update on. Nothing has really changed in my everyday life. I still get up early to go mold young minds, ha :-) imagine me molding young minds! Actually I think I get up early so they can help mold my mind and so the spirit can mold my mind. I feel like I have learned so much since I started teaching seminary. I don't know if the kids have learned much, but I have. I had a really awesome experience the other day when I was reading through material and preparing for my lesson. It was one of those moments that was so profound that I actually grabbed my very dusty journal so I could write it down. Maybe I'll share that with you a little later. I guess while we're on the seminary subject, things are going really well. Getting up at 5 has gotten easier. I don't feel quite as exhausted at the end of the week, that of course is if I go to bed early and don't go out to play on a weekday. :-) The kids are doing really great. Some of them could come a little more or get there on time but hey, we've gotta go with what we can get right? And even with all the work some of the lessons take, I really do enjoy preparing and giving the lessons.
Last week my teaching partner was taking a warm vacation in sunny Utah so I had the opportunity to have a sub come in with me. It was really fun to have Laraine come to class with me. I served in the Young Women's with her so we're good friends but what I really enjoyed was seeing her teach. I think it is so neat to see how other people teach a class. Actually it was one of the things Laraine taught that had me diving into the info that caused my spiritual moment I was telling you about. Oh and I saw just how much these teenagers want me to bring treats to class. Kids sure do love their sugar. I haven't jumped on that wagon just yet but I've been considering it a little more. Treats can't hurt every once in a while.
Oh, another item on my update list is running. I finally gave in and got a gym membership. It's just too blasted cold out here to go outside and do anything so I joined the Park District. The gym is actually really nice. So I've been hitting the treadmill and/or the elliptical machine about 5 days a week. I think I'm going to do another marathon! The one I'm looking into is in May so I needed to get working on conditioning. I thought I was crazy to do the first one but I had so much fun that I've really lost my mind and I'm going to do another one.
Now to update you on my cute hubby. In the time I posted my last update and the time I fell into the black hole he has completed another entire rotation. That just goes to show how long I've been gone from the blogging world. So anyway, just after Christmas he started an orthopedic rotation. He has really enjoyed it. It only took him a few days into the rotation before he was coming home telling me how awesome it was. Orhto has always been one of his top choices but he hasn't been completely sure. He's still not completely sure by any means but this just helped Ortho's chances out. This is a good thing since he’s going to leave me for an entire month to go do a rotation in California in May.
Yesterday was his last day of this ortho rotation and I think he had a good time. He said he got to help out on a few different surgeries and surgeries are what make my hubby happy. Today he's at the school taking a test to wrap up this particular rotation and next week we'll start with something new.
He's still the Cub Scout master so he helped out with their pinewood derby on Tuesday. He said it was a little on the crazy side but he enjoys being goofy with the kids so he had a good time.
Well I think that's about all for now folks. I can't think of anything else in this little brain of mine to tell you. Have a fabulous weekend. I know we will. We're going to the Billing's house to stay over with the kids, which is mostly just a big party for us and the kids. We stay up late, eat treats, play games and just plain be goofy.
Last week my teaching partner was taking a warm vacation in sunny Utah so I had the opportunity to have a sub come in with me. It was really fun to have Laraine come to class with me. I served in the Young Women's with her so we're good friends but what I really enjoyed was seeing her teach. I think it is so neat to see how other people teach a class. Actually it was one of the things Laraine taught that had me diving into the info that caused my spiritual moment I was telling you about. Oh and I saw just how much these teenagers want me to bring treats to class. Kids sure do love their sugar. I haven't jumped on that wagon just yet but I've been considering it a little more. Treats can't hurt every once in a while.
Oh, another item on my update list is running. I finally gave in and got a gym membership. It's just too blasted cold out here to go outside and do anything so I joined the Park District. The gym is actually really nice. So I've been hitting the treadmill and/or the elliptical machine about 5 days a week. I think I'm going to do another marathon! The one I'm looking into is in May so I needed to get working on conditioning. I thought I was crazy to do the first one but I had so much fun that I've really lost my mind and I'm going to do another one.
Now to update you on my cute hubby. In the time I posted my last update and the time I fell into the black hole he has completed another entire rotation. That just goes to show how long I've been gone from the blogging world. So anyway, just after Christmas he started an orthopedic rotation. He has really enjoyed it. It only took him a few days into the rotation before he was coming home telling me how awesome it was. Orhto has always been one of his top choices but he hasn't been completely sure. He's still not completely sure by any means but this just helped Ortho's chances out. This is a good thing since he’s going to leave me for an entire month to go do a rotation in California in May.
Yesterday was his last day of this ortho rotation and I think he had a good time. He said he got to help out on a few different surgeries and surgeries are what make my hubby happy. Today he's at the school taking a test to wrap up this particular rotation and next week we'll start with something new.
He's still the Cub Scout master so he helped out with their pinewood derby on Tuesday. He said it was a little on the crazy side but he enjoys being goofy with the kids so he had a good time.
Well I think that's about all for now folks. I can't think of anything else in this little brain of mine to tell you. Have a fabulous weekend. I know we will. We're going to the Billing's house to stay over with the kids, which is mostly just a big party for us and the kids. We stay up late, eat treats, play games and just plain be goofy.
Ha, well I guess I had more to say than I thought. :-)
4 comments:
Wow sounds busy, but then again it's been spread over a month or so.
I was in the same black hole! I am glad you are back. Now I know why you were so tired. You guys are awesome. Love you lots. Becky
We had so much fun with you guys at Spamalot! THanks for coming along!
It sounds like you are doing well. That is great! Another marathon, go Tiff!
Post a Comment