We celebrated our 6th anniversary this December. It’s hard to believe it’s already been six years but at the same time it feels like we’ve been together for a good long while. I am a very lucky girl to be married to such an amazing guy. He’s my best friend and I love him to death.
(the giant tree at Macys)
This year we celebrated by going into the city to hang out. Jason, Diana, Rob and I all loaded up in the car and headed out so we could take in all the excitement that happens downtown during the holidays. We of course made our annual stop at Daley Plaza to enjoy the Christkindl market. This is the first year we’ve been there during the day so it was a little more crowded than the previous years. Needles to say we didn’t hang around for too long. After we took a walk through the ornament rooms and purchased our souvenir mug we headed further into the city. We did a lot of walking up and down the streets of Chicago while it snowed on our heads. After we made a few stops at some stores, looked at the giant Christmas tree in Macy’s and made a snow angel, we headed for home. We left Jason and Diana at Jason’s office so they could change and go to his company party and we hopped on the train to go back to the burbs.
Once we made it home we headed back out to go have a nice dinner at The Clubhouse. The food was delicious and it was nice to sit and enjoy a quiet dinner with my hubby.
(at the market)
(fun stuff on the sidewalks)
(Snow angels in Chicago)
(Diana's fish face with the FAO Schwartz fish)
A Christmas Story
The next item on our holiday agenda was on Dec. 23rd, also downtown. My boss had purchased tickets to the play A Christmas Story for his family but they ended up going out of town so the tickets landed in my hands. :-) So I made some phone calls and found some friends who wanted to spend the evening with us at the playhouse. The day of the play turned out to be a very cold snowy day but we braved the roads anyway. It was kind of funny, Rob and I had no idea what the play was about until we walked into the theater and saw the posters on the windows. Once we realized it was the story of Scrooge we both started laughing. How could we not know? I doubt we’ll ever forget that the story of Scrooge is really called “A Christmas Story”.
The play was really great and it was fun to have Dave and Rachel with us. It sure is great to have a boss who so willingly passes out his tickets to fun events.
Christmas
Well Christmas of 2008 was definitely a memorable one. It was our first Christmas away from all of our family, including Jason and Diana. They were in Utah too. :-( To tell you the truth, we weren’t all that sure of what to do with ourselves. We didn’t have any big parties to be at, no time limits for Christmas morning, somebody else didn’t make our breakfast, we didn’t have little chidlings to play with and tease, or snow to plow to get the car out. So what do you do with yourself when you don’t have all these things to occupy your time? You sleep in, make your own yummy breakfast, take a nice long shower, talk on the phone, open your presents when the day is half over, and then have friends over for dinner. And that’s exactly what we did! We had a very quiet Christmas day here in Illinois.

(our tree with all it's presents)
(breakfast time)
While we had to stay here for Christmas, we faired quite well on the love (present) department. Rob and I didn’t really spend that much on each other but our families were generous enough. The underside of our tree wasn’t lacking anything, that’s for sure. Thank you for all the wonderful gifts. We have enjoyed each and every one of them.
We also had the lucky privilege of opening some presents before Christmas morning. Some very nice elves sent us some gifts for the 12 days of Christmas. How did those elves know we love hot chocolate, games, soap, chocolates, nuts, rootbeer and more? They must be some smart elves!

(Did you know Rob has always wanted a fog machine? Well I sure found out this Halloween, it's all he would talk about.)

(He loves to be silly!)
I hope your season was filled with lots of fun and love. We missed all of you!
5 comments:
What a busy holiday season! Glad things went well spending Christmas in Chicago!!
Happy Holidays! I honestly started tearing up when I saw your kitchen table. Yeah, I know how lame! But I MISS YOU GUYS! It was so weird to think how long ago it was that we would come have dinner with you guys and play '99'. I'm so glad you guys had a fun holiday season together. It looks like you got to spend a good amount of time with Rob. Oh and congrats on the anniversary! I always forget it's the same as ours. Or 2 days earlier... Shoot, I can't remember now! Anyways, It was fun to see pictures of you guys. Tell Rob we said hi!
Happy anniversary! It sounds like you had a lot of fun with Christmas and all. Cute pics!
No way Jose! 6 years! And no grandbabies! You guys are tough. You're killing me. But I will endure. I will hang on to my pants. I will not bug my kids!!!!!! Seriously, we missed you guys for Christmas! We could have used help with snowzilla! and eating my Christmas yummies, toffee, bean dip, ham. You know we love you. And we can't wait to see you in March:) Love you. Mom
Ha ha ha.... I'm glad you can hold onto your pants. I'm sure you're going crazy, you've been so patient for 6 years and have hardly said a thing about being deprived of grandbabies. But hey, in a few months you can start bugging your other daughter for some babies. I know she'll love it if you do. :-)
Hopefully next winter we can come help with snowzilla and all the yummy treats. Love you!
Post a Comment