Monday, February 9, 2009

Cakes


So this last weekend was our ward party and youth service auction. So in honor of the youth and how much I love them, I made a cake. I made a cake and donated it for their auction to help them out. I can't really just give them money so this worked just fine. It went for $30 I think. :-)
Oh and that cake sure looked delicious, I probably would have kept it so I could eat it myself but I know better than that. I'm sure more than half the cake would have been thrown away if I kept it at our house. We just don't eat sweets that much, especially during the week. So it was a much better idea to give it away.

So drool away. Doesn't it look delicious? I thought so. :-)
Mmm.... cake....
assembeling....
mmmm..... frosting....
Tada!!!

10 comments:

Kimberlyn said...

Yum Yum Yum, my mouth is watering. Maybe you could make me one when you come for Jamies wedding in March. ;)

Bri!!! said...

That looks awesome! I wish I didn't love sweets all the time.

Lbrtychic said...

I looked YUM! I wanted to bid on it, but it was too much for me!!! I actually think it went for $35.

Alisa said...

Look at you little missy. Betty Crooker would be so jealous and Martha Stewart can eat her heart out. That looks awsome!

The Chicago Bowlers said...

If it tastes anything like the last one you made then WOW! It looks fantastic. What a pro.

Jessica said...

Wow I am impressed! Beautiful cake!

Kim said...

It does look really yummy!! We are the same way with sweets. We even end up tossing away a brownie mix in an 8x8!

Hyrum and Kathryn Boss said...

that does look yummy, you could make one for me!! I definitely would not stop you!

Leake's said...

I am going through my blogs, catching up, and I can't believe I didn't tell you how good this cake looks. You are an awesome sister! Thank you for thinking of us and being the kind person you are to volunteer to make Jamie's cake. We love you! Can't wait for you to land in Utah!

Macdonalds said...

That looks delicious! I doubt the cake would last more than a day at our house. We have a few sweet tooth's in the house.