1. I have an awesome big sister. Last night I called her on her cell phone so we could talk, she's never home when I call the house so I had to make a special call to talk to her. I was so excited that I was able to talk to you for so long last night Jamie. You have made some big strides in your personal growth and I am so thrilled for you. I am excited for you as you continue to find who you are and what makes you happy. Don't forget to allow the Lord to help you in the decisions of life, whether big or small. I know first hand that by praying and allowing our Heavenly Father into our lives/decisions he will never leave you alone. He is always there for you and he loves being your friend. Because both our phones were on the fritz last night I didn't get to tell you that it's ok if you don't know every detail about the church, I know I don't, the fact that you have a testimony of the things you do know is the important thing. Our testimonies are constantly changing, sometimes we have a strong testimony about one particular part of our church and in a year, or a month, or a week it might be something different.
When we first moved here to Illinois my testimony of the power of prayer became very strong. I still have a testimony about the power of prayer and I know how important it is to our lives, but lately my testimony has been more about service and fulfilling our callings. The important part is that once you gain a testimony, continue to nourish it and learn more. Our testimonies wont last if we don't continue to put forth the effort. I know you have been doing just that lately (putting forth the effort, I mean) and I am so excited for you. I can't tell you how much I love feeling the spirit on those special occasions that the spirit is so strong all you can do is cry.
Keep working at finding out who you are and what you want and keep me updated, I look forward to it more than you know. I love you Jamie!
2. Ahh... basketball with the girls. I don't know who all knows but I've been helping with coaching the girls in basketball. I don't know all that much about basketball but as Jenny and I work together we seem to do alright. This last Tuesday as practice was wrapping up we decided to jump in on the fun and play a quick game with the girls. It was so much fun. No, I'm not good and I couldn't make a basket very well but we got to run around and play with the girls and that's what was the best part about the night.
3. Wow, more power to my amazing hubby. I had to study this week for a nursing entrance exam and I couldn't believe how much studying drains the life out of you. After studying all night after work on Thursday I felt so sluggish and drained of energy. I literally didn't want to do anything. Rob told me that's how he feels everyday, all day. I always knew studying was hard on him, but now I have a deeper understanding of what he goes through everyday. He is an awesome guy for being able to do that everyday and still function like a normal human being.
Have a most incredible week!
2 comments:
I love the update. Very cool! So are you planning on going to nursing school next year? Take care,
Bri
Hey are you going to nursing school? If you ever need a break come to my place and my kids can help you forget everything you just studied!
Post a Comment