Monday, January 21, 2008

Good week for best things


1. The temperatures here in Illinois dropped into the negatives this weekend so I am very happy and grateful for a furnace that works. I also am very glad I have a warm coat to wear when I do have to go out into the frigid air. I tried to stay inside this weekend but I actually had to brave the weather a few times causing my poor fingers to feel like they were going to fall off. When you have to deal with your fingers going white and numb in the cold like mine do it makes you very appreciative of the warm temperatures indoors.

2. We spent some time at Ryan and Becky’s house Friday night and we had so much fun. Ryan and Becky are really neat people but what gets them a spot on the best things this week are their kids. As many of you know, Rob and I love children and we love to play with them. Ryan and Becky have three kids, Christian (Bubba), Nichole and Adam. When we go to Ryan and Becky’s we feel like we are a part of their family because their kids get so excited to see us and they show us that unconditional love that children are so capable of. I feel so blessed that we are able to feel so much love from their sweet children. Thanks Becky and Ryan for welcoming us into your family with open arms.

3. Charity was the topic in sacrament yesterday and I don’t think the bishopric could have picked anybody better to speak than those who spoke yesterday. Each talk was given so reverently and with such emotion that the spirit just continued to grow. My heart was so full by the end of sacrament that I didn’t really want to leave. As I listened to the talks about charity I was reminded of how important it is to show kindness and love to everyone we come in contact with, even when we feel like being impatient or grumpy. I love being able to feel the spirit as strongly as I did yesterday during sacrament.

4. Talking to my dad. I don’t get to talk to my dad very often so when I got to spend time talking to him last night I was filled with excitement. My dad is an amazing guy who loves his family and I am so glad he felt like he could talk to me about the important things in life.


Enjoy your week everyone. Talk to you again later.

Tiff

2 comments:

Bri!!! said...

YAY!!! I love awesome sacrament meetings. Also I love that one of your best things was talking to your Dad. He is pretty much the cutest man ever.

Take care,

Bri

Becky and Ryan said...

Tiff, you are getting me all teary eyed. We love you guys and are proud to claim you as part of our family. Thanks for always being so kind to our kids and making them feel special. Luv Rye and Becky