
Aside from my Mugs gettin' hitched, our trip to Utah was focused on a giant chocolate cake for at least a full day and a half.
Morgan wanted me to make her wedding cake despite the fact that I would only be getting into town one day before the wedding. But she's my little sis. I couldn't say no. Luckily I had lots of help on the forefront.
My mom purchased all the necessary ingredients and was ready with all of her energy and spunk to dive right in.
We set up shop at my grandma's house. She has two ovens and lots of counter space for us to make a mess and crank out a wedding cake. Thank heavens for grandmas! :)
All day Thursday was spent mixing, baking, cooling, cutting, washing strawberries, drying strawberries, melting chocolate, dipping strawberries in the melted chocolate, melting more chocolate, dipping more strawberries, baking some more..... I think you get the idea. It was a long day.
However, by 5:30 that night we had all three layers of cake baked, cooled, cut, smeared with chocolate ganache, stacked and dirty frosted and ready for the final layer of chocolate ganache glaze, which would go on the next day. We also had all the strawberries washed and dried and the majority of them covered in chocolate. I'd say that's quite the accomplishment for a day's worth of work.
I wouldn't have been able to do it without all of my helpers. Whether you helped by washing dishes, dipping strawberries, flipping giant cakes, feeding me lunch or just keeping me company throughout the process, your help was appreciated.
Friday the final touches were completed. The cake was given a final coat of glossy chocolate ganache, the support dowels were cut, the sweetened whipped cream was creamed and all the yummy-ness was transported to the reception center where the entire thing finally came together.
I think it turned out marvelous. Yes, of course it had its flaws, but I've warned you before that I'm not a professional so flaws are to be expected right? You better have agreed with me. I won't accept you not accepting my flaws. Or at least I'm going to pretend like I won't accept your unacceptance. Really, I just don't want to hear about it if you don't like my shortcomings. Especially if you don't accept my shortcomings that aren't pertaining to the cake. I'm going to shut up now.
The cake looked GREAT! And it tasted Fantastic too! That's it! The End!

P.S. please don't ask me to make a cake of that magnitude in one day at almost 8 months pregnant. My feet won't like you. They'll cry. Which will make me cry. Then we'll wipe our tears away and say "Yes, of course we'll make your cake." Then we might cry again. It probably wouldn't be that pretty.
11 comments:
Pretty sure that was the yummiest of yummy cakes I have ever tasted. Good work. So happy to have gotten to see you at morgans shin dig and then at your baby shower. Hope you are doing well.
Looks beautiful! You're so talented. :)
Your cake was very yummy and looked great. Way to go.
You did awesome! And the strawberries Mmmmmmmmmmm..... Way to go Tiff!
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Honestly I don't think I can say thank you enough for how grateful I am for you!!! I am such a lucky sister. Thanks for making my cake :)
The cake was divine, scrumptous, melt-in-your mouth yummy, Did I mention a chocolate lovers paradise. You did awesome. And I only saw tears once, when I found two more trays of strawberries and mentioned that you didn't need to be on strawberry patrol. It was a good thing you did though. The strawberries were a magnet to the table. We almost had a Mervyns, early morning open, open, open rush. Thanks for everything. The 3 days were exhausting but wonderful, and fun!
You rock Tiff! The cake was great. Thank you so much for making it. I loved getting to see you guys and I can't wait to see you and the baby when we get the chance to make it over there. Thanks again, you are the best!
WOW!! You are such a great sister. Being eight months prego and taking on this task is amazing. It looks delicious!
WOW your amazing! That cake looks soooo good! Congrats Morgan! She makes one beautiful bride! I love your little belly. You look great!Good luck with the final stretch of pregnancy, I can't wait to see pics!
um, if i give you a week will you make me that cake? after all, we've got to do something while our husbands gallivant around on their bikes together. and i'm serious that i've heard chocolate covered strawberries induce labor. hey, i'll try anything.
Amazing..... You did fabulous!!!
Post a Comment