Tuesday, December 8, 2009

What's that funk?

Rob and I had a little chat last night and I think we nailed down the problem. It’s not that I haven’t had anything to write about or tell you. I just haven’t been in the right frame of mind to talk about anything.

We’ve had a lot going on over the past few months and due to the compiling of certain things, I seem to have become a homebody. I kind of fell into my own routine while Rob was gone for a month and that somehow included a slight mental shutdown that hasn’t rebooted since he’s come home, and left, and come home again. It’s not that I’m depressed or sad or upset over anything. I have simply hit a slow mental moment and prefer to keep to myself. If that makes sense.

I still function just fine. I go to work every day and interact with people. I go to the gym and talk to people I know there. I even go have fun with the girls when we have girl’s night at Mirinda’s house. But when it comes to me volunteering information or being perky outside of those kinds of activities, it just doesn’t happen. I seem to be just fine with not writing about my day. Or calling and talking to someone about things. I even feel like I’ve been somewhat irritable when I talk to people on the phone.

And you know what I’ve realized? It’s not fair. It’s not fair to you for me to act that way. But most of all, it’s not fair to my Mom, Dad or sisters. It’s the first baby of the family, we should all be acting like little school girls with excitement when we talk about it. And I’m the one dropping the ball on the school girl excitement. Something’s wrong with that picture don’t you think?

So to all of you and especially my family, I’m sorry. I’m sorry I haven’t been spilling my guts about all the pregnancy stuff and how exciting it is. I’m sorry I haven’t allowed you to be a part of this exciting time in our life. I promise you, here and now, that I will do better. I promise to have a new update in the next day or two about what’s been happening with the baby growing inside me.

And I PROMISE to get out of the funk I’m in so we don’t have to go through another dry spell of posts.

3 comments:

Janet Johnson said...

Personally, I think it's perfectly acceptable for you to be a little irritable right now (not that I think you are). And while yes, it is exciting, it's also personal, and scary, and a lot to take in . . . especially considering all the other changes that will be taking place at the same time for you. (And I know a thing or two about that). Just do what you feel good about, and the rest of us should graciously accept that. Believe me, there is plenty of time for that school girl excitement once the baby is here. We love you and are excited for you. Take care of you right now, because you won't have much time for that come May. But then again, I have been told that I'm a cranky pregnant woman. ;)

Leake's said...

Tiff-You know we love you and think that you and Rob are going to be the most wonderful parents to this little grandbaby. We are here for you and pray for you and want to be as much a part of the process as you can put up with us. We are so proud of your deceisions in life and the challenge you are taking on of being a Mother. You are going to be a great Mom. You handle all of the stress of Rob's school, moving, working and pregnancy like a champ.

Of course we would love nothing better then to be by your side 24/7 and drive you nutso with our caring and questions. Holding your hand, telling Rob "no fresca", making sure you get your vitamins, Rob needs his vitamins also. You know, do the parent things that we have done for the last 28 years and will never be able to not do! Cause we are parents! That is why you love us :)cause we care!!!!

There is a reason you are in Chicago (so we don't drive you nutso)however we support all that you are doing and know that you are moving forward and living life. We will deal with the funk, please deal with us "parents". And whisper to the baby everyday for us. Grandma and Grandpa love you! :)Maybe I will call and you can put the phone to your tummy.

WE LOVE YOU GUYS!

Michelle said...

Ditto to Janet! You have every right to do what you want to do and don't do what you don't want to. You do not need to explain to anyone. Any woman that has been pregnant has to understand. I am sure I was a cranky pregnant woman. Especillay with the youngest.