Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I know..

Ok, yes I know I'm a jerk. I haven't updated my blog in a really long time. And I know there are so many of you out there just waiting to hear what has been going on in our most exciting lives. And I've left you hanging. Sorry.

Really I just haven't been in the mood to write anything and my camera doesn't work anymore so I can't give you any pictures, not that there would be a lot anyway, but it gives me another excuse to my lack of blogging.

We honestly, truly haven't been that exciting over the past few months. Rob has been crazy busy with going out of town for rotations and interviews. And me, I'm not really sure what I've been doing for the past few months. It feels like they've all blurred together. A whole lot of nothingness. I think.

One thing we did do that was pretty fun, we went downtown to the Shedd Aquarium with Jason and Diana. They are members at the Shedd so they get special perks. One of those perks was a behind the scenes night. It was after the Shedd's regular business hours and we got to see the workers feed some of the animals, watch a training session with the whales, go into the animal clinic and see really tiny baby jelly fish and all kinds of extra fun things. One of the neatest parts of the night was when we got to go up above the giant tank at the front of the aquarium and see what it looks like from the top.

Our Thanksgiving was very nice. Rob had to work that morning but it was ok, it gave me time to work in the kitchen and get things done before he came home. We had dinner over at the Chatfield's house. They, along with the other couples in attendance, are also students and without family in Illinois. So it worked out great. We all celebrated together and ate a ton of yummy food.

Now we're gearing up for what the next few months will bring. It's gonna be crazy!

3 comments:

Bri!!! said...

Of course you have stuff to write about, you are PREGNANT! I would encourage you to write about your pregnancy, how you found out, hopes etc. I love reading back on my pregnancy with Caleb. It really is a treasure. How are you feeling? How is everything going?

Janet Johnson said...

We missed you guys at Thanksgiving, but I'm glad you had good friends to celebrate with. And Rob told me he applied to a few schools back this way . . . sorry, but we're rooting for you to come East! ;)

Leake's said...

I agree with Bri-Keep up updated on the ho hum pregnancy. Who am I kidding. There is nothing ho hum about this. I am still bobbing up and down. I can start emailing you boy and girl names, vitamin recommendations. (No Fresca!) For Rob either, he is going through the Daddy pregnancy stages. Write about those. Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks. Keep smiling, This part of medical school is on the last leg. Light at the end of the tunnel. Close the book! Love you guys! We are so proud of you. You are dealing with all of this workload and school load and prenancy and you are very far away from your roots. But you are survivors and you have us cheering you on and the Lord walking by your side. Love you!