Monday, November 2, 2009

Diaper Delight

What would you think if you received a "dirty" diaper in the mail? Well, that's how we announced our exciting news to our families. Some, who we knew would get our humor, only got the diaper. Others, who we weren't sure would appreciate the humor, got this little note.

Oh diaper delight, what do you hold inside?
A book, a box or building block?
No, it must not be,
It’s too soft to be any of these.

A duckling, a dog or dinosaur toy?
No, it must not be,
It’s too flat to be any of these.

A cracker, a cookie or cotton candy?
No, it must not be,
It’s too smelly to be any of these.

Not a toy, an animal or edible, what could it be?
I’ve got it. I know. It’s a….
It’s a diaper gram, to you from me.

When it’s full and squishy, it’s you we’ll seek
Because as grandparents you’ll be,
Your practice in changing,
Will come in nice and handy.

May 26th is the due date to be,
For Rob and Tiff’s parasite to join this family.

12 comments:

Kevin Hanks said...

Hahahaha. That's the funniest way of announcing it I've ever heard!! Way to go you guys! Congratulations!

Janet Johnson said...

The only flaw is that sending a poopy diaper in the mail is SUCH a Rob thing to do, that I just shook my head and thought, "They are too crazy!" and didn't think anything else until Rick got home, who undestood immediately. (Though, he too had second thoughts after threatening to call everyone with the pregnancy news if you didn't call back right away: "They are the type who just might send a poopy diaper for Halloween. It's the trick and the treat in one!")

Alisa said...

congrad-u-freakin-lations!!! How exciting. Love, love how you announced it. I was wondering what has happened to your blogging, I guess you were getting, I mean, too busy!!

annalisa said...

That's a really funny way to tell people! Addie's birthday is May 25th... You seriously couldn't have a baby at a better time... or be pregnant at a better time for that matter. Congrats again! That's so exciting!

Leake's said...

Wahoo! Yes we received a poopy diaper in the mail. And your Dad knew from the envelope before he even opened it. He has ESP you know. We are so so so excited! I bought fabric today for a baby quilt. Love you guys! plus one!

ashalston said...

hahaha that's hilarious! i love it! congrats again! i'm so excited for you!

Becky and Ryan said...

I wondered how you were going to tell your family. You crack me up Tiff. Horray for spring babies!

Kim said...

AWESOME!! What a fun and different way to share some great news...glad I didn't get a ditry diaper in my community box!

Kim said...

OH, and that's a great day to have a baby!!...that's when Kira was born!

Hyrum and Kathryn Boss said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so awesome!!!!! I am so happy for you!!! You will be such a good mom!!! Kids are the best, you will love it!!!! Congrats again!! Keep me up to date on the whole thing and let me know if its a boy or girl when you find out, and I guess if you find out!!!

Missy said...

congrats you two! and knowing rob, your families might just get a REAL poopy diaper as the birth announcement. :) so end of may huh? i guess that means by june the baby will be riding a tandem?

Nikki Nelson said...

That's such an awesome way to make the announcement! I wanna know how you're going to let them know what the sex is... assuming that you're finding out what you're having. I wish I could keep secrets long enough to come up with a cool way to announce when I was preggers. But no, I couldn't have kept my mouth shut that long. CONGRATS!!!