We only have one bathroom in our house, one SMALL bathroom. To most, this might cause some troubles in the home but to us it’s just another way to embrace being together.
We are both very respectful of the others needs when it comes to using the sink or mirror. For instance, if I were to need the sink to wash my face or hands but Rob was using the sink, I would simply say “out of my way!” and he would kindly move. Then I would have the ability to use the sink as I pleased. And respectfully I do the same, move out of his way, that is, when the words “out of my way!” are demanded. It’s a very effective method to getting the space you need in the bathroom.
Who am I kidding? Life isn’t always peaches and cream. Sometimes the other person doesn’t move when the words “out of my way!” are said. It’s when this happens that you have to throw your weight behind the words. Girls, this is when hips come in handy. But you have to watch out. Boys know how to use their elbows and ouch, those things are pointy and can hurt if placed in the right location. Not to mention, it really doesn’t end up being a fair fight. With their height and weight, boys are definitely at an advantage in the “out of my way” challenges.
Um yea, it really isn’t a fair challenge. Come to think of it, I’m the one at the receiving end of “out of my way!” demands more often than not. I’m too afraid of those elbows and weight disadvantages to test the waters. Ok, so maybe I don’t win in the battle of the location but there are other ways of showing those boys whose boss in the bathroom.
Like when you’re brushing your teeth and you need to spit. You just lean over and spit some of your mouth froth into the sink then keep brushing. When he tries to lean over and spit his mouth froth, lean over and spit yours again. Yes, your mouth is full and it’s very important that you spit right at that very second. Don’t question me. Just keep spitting when he needs to spit but be careful, he might start to catch on to you. And you might get a little something dribbled on your shoulder if you don’t take this action with some caution. Not to mention it might turn into an all out battle of the sink.
Water flying, toothbrushes whacking and mouth froth dribbling.
It really can turn messy if you’re not careful. Oh yea and take extra caution of your fingers. Toothbrush swords come mighty close to those phalanges.
Hmm, so small bathrooms really do bring us closer together, together in battle.
On guard!
1 comment:
I love it when School Rob is on vacation. He is able to relax, dribble, notice things growing.
Love you guys!
Post a Comment