Thursday, August 27, 2009

Oh the stories to tell

Ya know it’s amazing to me how fast time goes sometimes. I mean by golly how the heck did I get to this point? I’m not 21 anymore, I’m actually starting to see small wrinkles under my eyes when I wake up in the morning, I can’t eat all the chocolate in the world without having to go to the gym and sweat for an hour to keep my hips from instantly expanding, I treat the kids and teenagers at church like I actually have some kind of knowledge to share with them, and they actually listen to me, And holy smokes, I’ve been married for almost seven years! How did this happen? When did my life take that turn? Oh dear, I need to sit down.

Ok, now that I’ve caught my breath and regained focus, I can reveal how I’ve made it this far. How, even after seven years my mom still tells me that my hubby and I act like newlyweds. Are you ready for it? Here it is. We fill our relationship with laughter. It doesn’t matter if it’s laughing together or laughing at each other. I swear there is never a day that goes by that we don’t tease or make fun of each other. We have all kinds of stories to tell, some I can’t even make it through without laughing so hard I almost pee my pants. It’s true I’ve been there many a times. But peeing in my pants isn’t really where I was going with this story. That will have to wait for another day.

So, because I’m nice, or just weird, I’m going to share some of the stories and incidents that have occurred at our house. (Mom and dad J, I know how you don’t quite approve of some of the topics I’ve discussed on this blog, like the toot tracker, so I’m warning you now. Some of these stories might not fit your fancy. There, I said it. You’ve been warned.) I don’t want to overload you with ALL of my funny stories all at once so today I’m just going to recount what happened last night. Then maybe tomorrow I’ll share some more, if you can handle it that is.

So last night was a typical night. We were sitting on the couch watching a little Discovery Channel after we had just eaten our scrumptious enchiladas. Mmmm… those enchiladas sure were delicious. Oh my mouth is watering just thinking about them. Oh sorry, back on topic. Right, so we were sitting on the couch, in our underwear mind you, because we had already taken our shower for the night since we had been to the gym earlier. Come on, don’t be shocked. You know that if you’re a couple without children, you totally sit around in your underwear. It’s just a fact of life. Don’t be haters if you have children and don’t get to do this anymore, it’s not my fault. So we’re sitting on the couch watching the Discovery Channel in our underwear when Rob says (in his most excited voice), “Hey, feel this. I think there’s something growing in my panties!”

Bhaa! I totally started laughing. But get this, he was absolutely serious. He really wanted me to feel something in his panties. So, still laughing, I reach down and place my hand where he instructed me, on his OUTER thigh. :-) Low and behold there really was something in his panties. So I turn his pant leg inside out and fish out the culprit. It was a wad of my hair tangled in the fabric. Unfortunately my hair being tangled in clothes from the laundering process happens from time to time around our house so it wasn’t too surprising that it was the culprit causing my hubby problems.

Now, back to the “Hey, feel this. I think there’s something growing in my panties!” I could not stop laughing. And although Rob was laughing with me, he was still a little perplexed as to why I thought it was so funny. He had legitimate reason to say what he did, right? But because I was still giggling like a school girl he finally asked, with his head tilted to the side and a look on his face that said he wasn’t quite sure about me, if I was going to blog about the incident.
Can you imagine what people would think if I put that phrase on my blog, I asked?

Call me immature if you must, but you know that I know what your first thought was about that phrase!

“Hey, feel this. I think there’s something growing in my panties,” had me in a fit of hysterics all night.

Stay tuned for the next installment of “catch phrase at the Johnson residence.” :-)
Peace out, Yo!

6 comments:

Amy Diestler said...

Haha--that is hilarious! I love that you put that on your blog! I also started to bust out laughing when you put the part about couples without children chillin' in their underwear--it's totally true! In fact, we were just watching Discovery Channel in our underwear last night--did you see the octopus special?! Anyway, I also think it's funny that Rob refers to his underwear as "panties." Great post--I'll be smiling for a while!

Leake's said...

Now I know that Rob is a micheveous fellow. He probably sat there for a few seconds and thought that one up on purpose, just to make you laugh. Thanks for sharing. I read it twice, just to laugh again!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!! I can't stop laughing!!

Becky and Ryan said...

Your story made my day!! You too crack me up.

Lindsay said...

Oh, Tiff, I haven't laughed like that in a really long time. So funny! My first thought was 'oh, she is seriously going there?? you can't talk about thant on your blog!' LOVE IT!! You are such a crack up!

Macdonalds said...

does he seriously refer to his underwear as"panties"? That is funny!