So every time I wear this shirt I inevitably have a good day. I don't know why but I think it has something to do with it reminding me about something I love. I love to sweat!
When I sweat my hair gets drenched and it sticks to my head like glue, my face goes bright red and doesn't lose the color for quite some time after I'm done exercising, and if I'm sweating for long enough, I eventually start to smell. :-) So why do I love to sweat? Because when I sweat, I'm usually doing something I love, with people I love. I'm a pretty lucky girl too because the wonderful guy I'm married to fell in love with me and the first time, and most times after that, he saw me I was in my best form; sweaty, red faced and maybe even smelly. How many girls can say they were able to snag the man of their dreams when they were in this kind of state? Most girls think they have to be all dolled up in order to win a guys heart. I'm living proof that that's not always true. Since the day my love and I met we've spent countless hours sweating together and that's BEAUTIFUL.
Ok so not only did I win the heart of my sexy hubby when I was all sweaty but I love sweating for my own personal benefit too. You know you're doing something right by your body when you can work up a really good sweat. There is nothing better than just finishing a good bike ride. You climb off that bike with sweat dripping from every inch of your body, you smell like something fierce, and to top it off you have a nice layer of salt on your skin. :-) What a sweet sight! If you want your body to really thank you for keeping it alive, go out and work up a sweat like that! Yea it's true that I usually walk like an old lady the next day because my muscles are stiff and sore from the results of that bike ride. It's also living proof that my muscles will love me once they recover 'cause the next time I go out and do the same ride, those same muscles aren't going to hurt quite as bad. They love a good workout just as much as my mental health does.
Sweating isn't just a way to get the guys or work up a good healthy smell. It's also a way to keep yourself sane. Have you ever had a really bad day where you mentally feel exhausted from stress, grief, boredom or just life? Well you should go hit the gym, grab a bike, or just hit asphalt. You can crank up the music on your iPod and just let loose. Once you're done with your workout, I guarantee you will feel better. There is no better way to get myself out of a mental/emotional funk than to go work up a good sweat.
So this shirt makes me smile every time I wear it, not only because I bought it as a souvenir from running the Chicago Marathon, but because it reminds me of what I did and what I love to do. I love to sweat and even better, I love to sweat with my wonderful husband, family and friends. :-)
I hope you can all go out and work up a good sweat. One that you will always remember due to how it made you feel, who you were with, where you were at, or maybe even what you were overcoming. Good luck! I can't wait for my next big sweat causing, spirit lifting, muscle aching workout.
Love always, Tiff
When I sweat my hair gets drenched and it sticks to my head like glue, my face goes bright red and doesn't lose the color for quite some time after I'm done exercising, and if I'm sweating for long enough, I eventually start to smell. :-) So why do I love to sweat? Because when I sweat, I'm usually doing something I love, with people I love. I'm a pretty lucky girl too because the wonderful guy I'm married to fell in love with me and the first time, and most times after that, he saw me I was in my best form; sweaty, red faced and maybe even smelly. How many girls can say they were able to snag the man of their dreams when they were in this kind of state? Most girls think they have to be all dolled up in order to win a guys heart. I'm living proof that that's not always true. Since the day my love and I met we've spent countless hours sweating together and that's BEAUTIFUL.
Ok so not only did I win the heart of my sexy hubby when I was all sweaty but I love sweating for my own personal benefit too. You know you're doing something right by your body when you can work up a really good sweat. There is nothing better than just finishing a good bike ride. You climb off that bike with sweat dripping from every inch of your body, you smell like something fierce, and to top it off you have a nice layer of salt on your skin. :-) What a sweet sight! If you want your body to really thank you for keeping it alive, go out and work up a sweat like that! Yea it's true that I usually walk like an old lady the next day because my muscles are stiff and sore from the results of that bike ride. It's also living proof that my muscles will love me once they recover 'cause the next time I go out and do the same ride, those same muscles aren't going to hurt quite as bad. They love a good workout just as much as my mental health does.
Sweating isn't just a way to get the guys or work up a good healthy smell. It's also a way to keep yourself sane. Have you ever had a really bad day where you mentally feel exhausted from stress, grief, boredom or just life? Well you should go hit the gym, grab a bike, or just hit asphalt. You can crank up the music on your iPod and just let loose. Once you're done with your workout, I guarantee you will feel better. There is no better way to get myself out of a mental/emotional funk than to go work up a good sweat.
So this shirt makes me smile every time I wear it, not only because I bought it as a souvenir from running the Chicago Marathon, but because it reminds me of what I did and what I love to do. I love to sweat and even better, I love to sweat with my wonderful husband, family and friends. :-)
I hope you can all go out and work up a good sweat. One that you will always remember due to how it made you feel, who you were with, where you were at, or maybe even what you were overcoming. Good luck! I can't wait for my next big sweat causing, spirit lifting, muscle aching workout.
Love always, Tiff
2 comments:
Thats my girl love ya Tuff
Here's to sweating! I love that shirt...they need to make a version available to non marathon running types like me.
Post a Comment