Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Adoption

What does adoption mean to you? Let me tell you what it means to me. Adoption is a selfless act of a mother, a mother who feels that there is a better home for her child than her own. What an incredibly hard decision that must be for even the most selfless mothers. To know that your child would be better off with a family who can provide your child with what you can’t. My heart goes out to all mothers who have had to make such a decision and those who someday may make this decision. My heart goes out to them because I would not want to face such a decision. But to those mothers who have or will ever make this decision, thank you. Why thank you? Because through the love they are expressing, by making such a hard decision, gives hope and love to someone else.

Adoption is a way for families who are not able to have biological children to have the opportunity to raise children here on earth. Through adoption these families are able to experience true joy and happiness with a child. Through adoption these families will be able to have a great appreciation for those very selfless mothers. And through adoption a child will be loved by two amazing parents.

My mind has been on adoption a lot lately, not because I’m thinking of adopting but because I have some amazing friends who are starting their journey through the adoption process. While I’m not the one preparing for adoption, I’m still feeling such love and excitement because of what adoption offers. My knowledge and appreciation of what adoption can do for a family has grown immensely through the past few months. Well really it’s been the past few weeks.

In the last few weeks I have written a reference letter, viewed multiple online profiles, read Diana’s rough draft for their own profile, edited and given my advice, re-read their profile draft and read and given advice on their letter to the mothers of their potential children. Wow, what an honor it has been to be a part of this. Not only did I get to express my love and appreciation for Jason and Diana by writing a reference letter but I was given an insight of what information they are putting out there for mothers to choose them.

I hope and pray that as Jason and Diana’s hearts are open and ready to receive a child, the mother of that child will see just what they have to offer. I know how much I love them and what amazing parents they will be but now it is time for all those mothers out there making that difficult decision, to be guided to Jason and Diana’s profile so they can have their hearts warmed by what they see.



My request to you who are reading this, please remember Jason and Diana. If you know of anyone who is contemplating giving their child a better life through adoption, think about Jason and Diana as an option. They will make great parents.



Thanks and I love you.

5 comments:

The Chicago Bowlers said...

You are too sweet! Thank you so much for thinking about us and helping us as we are going through the adoption process. I don't know what we would have done without great friends like you and Rob. Thanks also for sharing your thoughts about adoption. It is an amazing process! We love you both!!!

Leake's said...

I agree....Jason and Diana are awesome. We will keep our ears open and be praying for you guys.

Kim said...

Adoption is a wonderful process. Even though we didn't receive our little one through adoption, we were in that seat for two years on the "waiting list." We have a cute little nephew that was adopted. Hope things go well for your friends!

Becky and Ryan said...

Ah Tiff! What a neat post. I agree compeletly. Jason and Diana are awesome people and I hope things continue to go well. You are a great loving and supportive friend. I love the picutres. What a fun couple. Luv ya, Becky

Anonymous said...

Tif, You are so sweet. I will keep your friends in mind. I am such a slacker lately. I need to read your blog and get updated. I just wanted to say hi and let you know that we are doing well and I hope you are doing well also. Life is busy here.. I can only imagine life after we have kids. I don't know how we will find the time to do everything.