
This past weekend I went to Nauvoo with a bunch of friends while my poor hubby stayed home to study. That doesn’t sound very nice I know but I wasn’t the one who made him stay home, it was by his own choice. So while he was sitting in the library becoming smarter I was in Nauvoo having a good time. We stayed in the Nauvoo House, also known as the Mansion House and we had a ton of people with us which made it that much more fun.
Diana and I tried out our skills on the golf course with the guys early Saturday morning and we didn’t do too bad for it only being our second time on a course. The golf course was really beautiful and fun to play on. Some of the holes were really interesting and we definitely got a kick out of driving the golf carts down the crazy trails. We climbed back into our cart to drive down to the 10th hole when we noticed we were going to be driving down what looked like a drop off. Whew that was fun! We especially liked the signs they had posted as we approached another steep hill. One sign said “Slow down” then after a few feet the sign said “Slow Down Now.” I guess they didn’t want you to go flying down the hill and kill yourself.
The weather was beautiful all weekend and the bugs weren’t out in full force yet so it was very pleasant to be outside. We did get drizzled on a little bit throughout Saturday but that was about it. We made a stop at the land and records office to get all the information they had about our ancestors who lived in Nauvoo. While we were there we found out that my Great……. Grandpa Levi Ward Hancock lived just down the road from Joseph Smith. The foundation to his house is still there. Also his father had property just to the North of the temple. We couldn’t quite get to his land because the modern day roads didn’t go far enough but it was neat to go see where it was. Jason’s ancestors lived on a corner near Levi so we just know they had to have been friends. :-) We tried finding Diana’s ancestors property but they must have been farmers because their property was out of town a little bit and due to modern day roads again we couldn’t get to it. I thought that was really neat to drive around finding the properties of our Great Grandparents and knowing they lived there once.
I thought it would be really neat to go to the Nauvoo temple with the kids so Diana and I rounded up everyone the weekend before to find out who would be interested. We had a great turnout. All the teenagers who were with us came to the temple to do baptisms. What a neat experience that was. The whole room was full of our kids and their parents and the spirit. We had a total of eleven kids and nine adults all dressed in white. I think that might have been my favorite part about the whole trip.

2. Nice weather. Sunday’s weather was absolutely the best. It was a little humid but not too hot or too cold and there was a light breeze that made the day very pleasant. I actually walked over to a bench and took a nap under a tree and it was so nice.
3. The Woodridge 1st Ward. This ward has been absolutely amazing. I am so glad we have been able to be a part of it and get to know so many wonderful people. The Nauvoo trip was basically a bunch of families from the ward and I think it is so neat that everyone gets along so well and they have so much fun together that they would want to go on vacation together. Last year when they invited us to go with them Rob and I felt like we were accepted into such an awesome family.
4. My hubby. I can’t tell you how much I love him and how grateful I am that he is who he is. Having his last semester be over has been so nice. It’s almost like I had lost my husband for a while and I just got him back. Yay for the last two years being over!
Love you all.
Diana and I tried out our skills on the golf course with the guys early Saturday morning and we didn’t do too bad for it only being our second time on a course. The golf course was really beautiful and fun to play on. Some of the holes were really interesting and we definitely got a kick out of driving the golf carts down the crazy trails. We climbed back into our cart to drive down to the 10th hole when we noticed we were going to be driving down what looked like a drop off. Whew that was fun! We especially liked the signs they had posted as we approached another steep hill. One sign said “Slow down” then after a few feet the sign said “Slow Down Now.” I guess they didn’t want you to go flying down the hill and kill yourself.
The weather was beautiful all weekend and the bugs weren’t out in full force yet so it was very pleasant to be outside. We did get drizzled on a little bit throughout Saturday but that was about it. We made a stop at the land and records office to get all the information they had about our ancestors who lived in Nauvoo. While we were there we found out that my Great……. Grandpa Levi Ward Hancock lived just down the road from Joseph Smith. The foundation to his house is still there. Also his father had property just to the North of the temple. We couldn’t quite get to his land because the modern day roads didn’t go far enough but it was neat to go see where it was. Jason’s ancestors lived on a corner near Levi so we just know they had to have been friends. :-) We tried finding Diana’s ancestors property but they must have been farmers because their property was out of town a little bit and due to modern day roads again we couldn’t get to it. I thought that was really neat to drive around finding the properties of our Great Grandparents and knowing they lived there once.
I thought it would be really neat to go to the Nauvoo temple with the kids so Diana and I rounded up everyone the weekend before to find out who would be interested. We had a great turnout. All the teenagers who were with us came to the temple to do baptisms. What a neat experience that was. The whole room was full of our kids and their parents and the spirit. We had a total of eleven kids and nine adults all dressed in white. I think that might have been my favorite part about the whole trip.
Late night game time.
So after a long, fun, and exhausting weekend I was happy to return home to my hubby. Many of you know how we are; we don’t like being apart from each other so it was very nice to be with him again.
My three best things for the week are:
1. The temple trip in Nauvoo. The temple was absolutely beautiful and the spirit was so strong. I was so grateful that I was able to be in the temple and to be with so many wonderful people.
My three best things for the week are:
1. The temple trip in Nauvoo. The temple was absolutely beautiful and the spirit was so strong. I was so grateful that I was able to be in the temple and to be with so many wonderful people.

2. Nice weather. Sunday’s weather was absolutely the best. It was a little humid but not too hot or too cold and there was a light breeze that made the day very pleasant. I actually walked over to a bench and took a nap under a tree and it was so nice.
3. The Woodridge 1st Ward. This ward has been absolutely amazing. I am so glad we have been able to be a part of it and get to know so many wonderful people. The Nauvoo trip was basically a bunch of families from the ward and I think it is so neat that everyone gets along so well and they have so much fun together that they would want to go on vacation together. Last year when they invited us to go with them Rob and I felt like we were accepted into such an awesome family.
4. My hubby. I can’t tell you how much I love him and how grateful I am that he is who he is. Having his last semester be over has been so nice. It’s almost like I had lost my husband for a while and I just got him back. Yay for the last two years being over!
Love you all.

4 comments:
What a fun trip!! I've stayed at the same hotel!! NICE!! Glad your back to your hubby! That looks like a fun round of Settlers!
Hey! What a cute blog! Oh, I'm so jealous, though! I love Nauvoo!
That sounds like so much fun! I have never been to Nauvoo and I can't wait to go...I must say, I'm a little jealous! The temple is amazing and cute about your hubby! It's hard being apart I know!
It was such a fantastic trip and I'm so glad that we got to spend most of our time with you! I liked having you as my bunk bed buddy! We do have an awesome ward and it is such an amazing place. The temple was especially cool - thanks for thinking of it. I'm glad you have your hubby back (and we do too!)
Post a Comment