Chicago held it's annual Looptopia on Friday. All night Friday and into the morning of Saturday the loop is full of entertainment. The entertainment varied with art exhibits indoors and on the side walks, dance performances, theater, comedy, ping pong, traveling bands down the side walks, and very interesting people.
Jason and Diana were going downtown to check out the Looptopia Friday night and since they knew my hubby would be studying all night they invited me to tag along. We had quite the adventure walking around the loop trying to interpret the weirdness of everything. We decided to call it Fruit-topia because everything we saw was very weird with some very fruity people. I also decided that I don't know anything about art. I didn't understand the meaning behind most, if not all of the artsy exhibits. Especially the ones with people dressed in white standing on platforms lining the streets. They had me very confused at what they were supposed to be representing.
Once we realized there wasn't anything of much interest for us to stick around to watch we decided it was a good thing we weren't going to stay until 6:00am. We jumped on the train and headed home to meet up with Rob and go to dinner. Our dinner was very delicious and it was so nice to have my hubby back. He's been very stressed and moody lately so when he was laughing and having a good time with us Friday night it was really relieving.
Rob is starting to wrap up his second year of medical school. He is taking his last set of finals this week then we can officially say "two down, two to go." Once this week is over he will have about one full month to study all day and night on only boards information. :-) One more month people then Rob is out of the Library!!!! I can't tell you how excited I am for that day. Rob is very excited too. He's ready to say good riddens to his designated study spot in the library and get into the hospitals. I'm sure some of the students are ready for him to be out of the library also. He doesn't tolerate horse play, talking, coughing, laughing, sneezing, bumping the desk, people sitting right next to him..... I think you get the picture, he doesn't tolerate too much in the library.
Right after Rob takes his boards exams he starts rotations so he doesn't get an official break for the summer. But don't worry your little hearts out too much. We've got a nice and busy summer planned for him. Diana and I have already booked our camp sites for a few different weekends. There is no way we're letting him go through the summer without a little celebration of being done with second year.
Besides our camping plans we are also looking forward to seeing the whole Johnson family (minus Rick probably) in Nauvoo in July and possibly Janet and the kids in August. How awesome is that! This summer is going to go by way too fast and it hasn't even started yet.
Ok, here are my three best things for this past week.
1. My husbands laugh. I sure have missed it and it is so nice to see him happy and relaxed again. This weekend while he was playing games with Jason and the Deem's kids, it was so fun to listen to him laugh and have fun. I love his laugh. I hope it doesn't go into hiding for that long again.
2. My best friends the Bowlers. They are the most amazing people and I feel so lucky to have them as our best friends. This last week they were my life savors. I don't know what I would have done without them. Thank you Jason and Diana for being the amazing people you are and for loving us.
3. E-mail and phones. I am so grateful for e-mail and phones so I can talk and talk and talk to the people I love. I love having an e-mail buddy and a phone buddy and unlimited weekend minutes.
That's a wrap for the week.
Congratulations dad on your bear hunt, you're awesome!
5 comments:
Glad you had fun and Rob was able to get out for a little. I don't know how he does it, or you! Good job though.
Reply to your coment on my blog, thanks, I got the camera Liberty was telling me about at New Year's canon rebel XTI. It has been fun, you will have to tell her thanks for me!
Hey! I'm happy that you guys have a fun summer ahead! You guys deserve ALLLLL the fun you can get! You both are the hardest workers I think I've ever known. Love ya!
Sounds like Rob will be able to start going down hill with his schooling. Thats so exciting! Tell him Congrats from us and best wishes for the next few years..
I am glad you have such awesome friends to hang out with, the Bowlers know how to have fun, just like you!
The Library may never be the same once Rob leaves his throne! I know all of his hardwork will be worth it, soon he can really but his brain to work!
Hope you are having a great day! Love ya, Becky
Post a Comment