This is going to be a quick one because I don’t have much to update this week.
My three best things…
1. My dad. After I posted last weeks decision I received a lot of phone calls from my family giving me their love and support but the one that meant the most to me was the phone call I got from my dad. Last week turned out to be much more difficult than I had anticipated. Lot’s of doubts and unpleasant stresses that came with the decision I had just made seemed to hit me one after another. My dad’s phone call came in the middle of the day, in the middle of the week. I’m not going to go into detail of what he said because it was very personal and meaningful but he let me know how proud of me he was and how much he loved me and supported my decision. He must have known just what I needed to hear because it brought me to tears hearing those words and it also gave me the strength I needed to get through the tough days I had after the conversation. Dad I love you and I am so grateful you weren’t afraid to call and share your feelings with me. It meant so much to me to hear the things you had to say. Thank you for being such an incredible dad.
My three best things…
1. My dad. After I posted last weeks decision I received a lot of phone calls from my family giving me their love and support but the one that meant the most to me was the phone call I got from my dad. Last week turned out to be much more difficult than I had anticipated. Lot’s of doubts and unpleasant stresses that came with the decision I had just made seemed to hit me one after another. My dad’s phone call came in the middle of the day, in the middle of the week. I’m not going to go into detail of what he said because it was very personal and meaningful but he let me know how proud of me he was and how much he loved me and supported my decision. He must have known just what I needed to hear because it brought me to tears hearing those words and it also gave me the strength I needed to get through the tough days I had after the conversation. Dad I love you and I am so grateful you weren’t afraid to call and share your feelings with me. It meant so much to me to hear the things you had to say. Thank you for being such an incredible dad.
Last year for my dad's birthday I flew home as a surprise. I got to go for a ride with him on the tandem. :-) (me, dad, jamie and Nate the trainer)
2. The temple. Diana and I spent Friday evening at the temple. Let’s just say it was a much needed trip and I am so grateful we were able to go spend that precious time close to our Heavenly Father. By the time we left we both felt much better and more relaxed about life. We are so blessed to have such an amazing place to go where we can leave all our worldly worries outside the door. I really need to try and go more often.
2. The temple. Diana and I spent Friday evening at the temple. Let’s just say it was a much needed trip and I am so grateful we were able to go spend that precious time close to our Heavenly Father. By the time we left we both felt much better and more relaxed about life. We are so blessed to have such an amazing place to go where we can leave all our worldly worries outside the door. I really need to try and go more often.
Ok, it's not the Chicago temple but it gets the idea across.
3. Last but not least, Girlfriends. I know I keep telling you how blessed I am because of the people who have been put in my path out here in Illinois but it really is true. I have some incredible friends who I can lean on, laugh with, and love. The two girls I am most grateful for this week are Becky and Diana. I spent Wednesday evening with Becky just hanging out, talking and eating birthday cake. Becky is an amazing lady who has so much love to give to everyone around her. I was lucky enough to be the one she poured her love out to on Wednesday. Thanks Becky for being my Illinois sister. Diana makes it on my best things list a lot but that’s only because she really is the best. I couldn’t ask for a better friend and I am so grateful for the love and friendship she shows me. This week wasn’t any different in the sense that when she knew I needed someone to lean on she was ready and willing to be there for me. Our conversations are priceless and I am so grateful you were there for me Diana. Thanks for being my best friend. I hope I can be the friend you need in return for all you’ve done, and continue to do for me.
3. Last but not least, Girlfriends. I know I keep telling you how blessed I am because of the people who have been put in my path out here in Illinois but it really is true. I have some incredible friends who I can lean on, laugh with, and love. The two girls I am most grateful for this week are Becky and Diana. I spent Wednesday evening with Becky just hanging out, talking and eating birthday cake. Becky is an amazing lady who has so much love to give to everyone around her. I was lucky enough to be the one she poured her love out to on Wednesday. Thanks Becky for being my Illinois sister. Diana makes it on my best things list a lot but that’s only because she really is the best. I couldn’t ask for a better friend and I am so grateful for the love and friendship she shows me. This week wasn’t any different in the sense that when she knew I needed someone to lean on she was ready and willing to be there for me. Our conversations are priceless and I am so grateful you were there for me Diana. Thanks for being my best friend. I hope I can be the friend you need in return for all you’ve done, and continue to do for me.
My partner in crime, as you can see we have lots of fun together.



5 comments:
Oh, I love Dads. What a sweetheart. I can imagine how hard this past week must have been for you. It's such a hard decision, and even though you know it was right it doesn't make it easy. I'm so glad you have best girlfriends out there. I hope I can find that out in New Mexico. I haven't really needed it so much here because I was gone so much, and got fulfillment out of Second Nature, but it is something I know I need to seek out in New Mexico. I love the picture of you with your Dad and Jaime. So cute. Although whats up with the mustache:-)? Well, I hope you find peace this week, and good luck with everything. I love reading your blogs.
Ahh Tiff, I am glad I could help. You know me I never have a problem talking!! I also enjoyed getting in our "Sister" chat on wednesday night. You are very special to me and our family. I am glad you were able to talk with your Dad. That always seems to help me when I am making big decisions in my life. I am proud of you. Don't ever second quess making the decison to be a mother. It is priceless, and you will be better by being a MOM. I have never felt as much JOY as I have felt rasing children with Rye. You will do a fabulous job. You will have plenty of loved ones to help as you continue towards your goal of motherhood. I love ya Sis. Becky
P.S. I love the pictures of you and Diana, Nicole is looking over my shoulder saying what is Sister Bowler doing to Tiff?
I got all teary eyed at work as I read your blog. I feel the same way about you and am so grateful for our friendship. I don't know what I would do without you guys in our lives! Thanks for being such an incredible friend and I'm glad that I could be there for you. You are always there for me and I appreciate it so much! I'm glad things are working out so much better for you. You're the best and I couldn't ask for a better friend to have!!!
Hey Tif, I am glad that you are feeling better about things. Making a decision like that is SO hard and it makes things so much better when you have the support of your loved one and especially get those random phone calls from your parents. I know how stressful it can be, I just put my notice in with my job I have now. Its a great job and I make great money but I am just way too stressed for it not being something I love. Levi has been great and very supported. I just hope I can find something before May 9, especially now that Levi might be out of work.
The temple is amazing. The Salt Lake Temple is very special to me. It's where my family was sealed not too long ago. Now, we are hanging out in San Diego and will be able to be sealed for time and eternity. I am so excited and can't wait to make that covenant with Levi.
I worry about raising kids as well. I am worried I will be all worked up and stressed and won't be able to enjoy them. LOL I am already worried about it. Levi tells me all the time I will be a great mom, but I worry. My mom was great and I don't know if I will be able to do the same. It's scary especially what the world is coming to.
Well, I hope you have a great weekend! I will post some pictures of San Diego once we get back.
Post a Comment