Thursday, March 25, 2010

Stork

Just remember.... I NEVER claimed to be a professional!





We had a shower for Diana last night and I was put in charge of making a cake. I figured the stork was a very fitting character for the cake since that's how they'll be getting their baby. By a very special delivery.

I had fun making the cake but my goodness there were a few times I was ready to give up and bag the whole thing.

THE FROSTING WAS NOT COOPERATING!!

If it weren't for Rob's encouragement I don't know if the cake would have made it to the party. Or it may have just shown up with a giant stork head on it and that's it. That would have been a very lovely sight to see don't you think? A cake with a stork head on it? You probably wouldn't have even been able to figure out that it was supposed to be a stork if that's all you saw.

However, I pressed on and made it past all my frosting dilemmas and got something slapped on the thing called cake. Which by the way was very delicious. Mmm... It was a very moist yellow cake with a very yummy whipped chocolate ganache center and topped with a rather scrumptious frosting. The soft white stuff is lucky I'm labeling it as scrumptious after what it put me through. There were a few other things I could have called it last night, but I didn't.

Anyway, I did finally get frosting on every inch of the cake, not exactly beautifully but hey, I warned you ahead of time. I never claimed to be a professional. If you didn't listen to me then that's your problem, not mine. :-)

8 comments:

Kimberlyn said...

I think you did a great job, very cute.

Janet Johnson said...

Looks fabulous! I'm so impressed. :)

Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow!

Bri!!! said...

THEY HAVE BEEN CHOSEN?!?!?! You should write a blog post about it because I would LOVE to hear about it. CONGRATS TO THEM!

Leake's said...

Adorable cake. Press on! Press on! Great theme! Can't wait to see you soon.......And congrats to the Bowlers!

Ben and Brittany said...

So I saw your comment on Kim's blog and checked out your blog. Congrats on the pregnancy, that is so exciting! And I love the cake, it is so cute!

Kim said...

WOW!! You did really good! It would have been funny to just see the stork head though! But I'm sure the mom really appreciated the complete cake...and you made it sound so yummy too!

Nikki Nelson said...

Wow! It looks yummy! How did you do the weaving on the sides!? I'd say you were a professional... at least compared to me. You can make me a cake anytime!... well, maybe if we ever end up living closer. lol!
Do you have more belly pic's? I wanna see a belly please!!!

Hyrum and Kathryn Boss said...

I think it looks awesome, I don't make cakes I buy them and I would buy that for sure!!