Thursday, August 7, 2008

"Happily Ever After"



Girls camp has successfully come and gone for another year. The weather was great all week, a little hot on some days and threatened to rain on another but it all turned out fabulous.



This year the theme was "Happily Ever After" so we had a lot of princess decorations and princess parties. I got to wear a little fairy pin all week because I was a "fairy god mother" to the girls. The Stake camp directors did a fantastic job planning and preparing for this years camp. They really wanted the spirit to be with us during the week and I would have to say their hard work paid off. They put on some really awesome devotionals and helped the girls to really know that they are true princesses of a king. Our Heavenly Father loves each and every one of them. I am so lucky to have been a part of another great year at camp.

(This is Laraine dressed up for the fashion show)

I was a little stressed with everything on my plate before I left but once we got to camp nothing mattered. I was there with the girls, having a good time and it made all the stress worth it. I was the lucky recipient of countless hugs for a whole week and I cried right along with them during the testimony meeting. I was completely exhausted on Wednesday after I woke up early to go running then we had a long day of rotations and a five mile hike. They made it up to us though on Thursday. We had a few devotional rotations and then we hit the day spa! Spa day was to reward the girls of all their hard work and to provide service experiences. When you went to the spa you had to take a friend with you. You and your friend performed service to one another by performing the spa treatments on each other. My lucky friend (Laraine) and I gave each other hand and foot massages. I felt much better after that.


(watch out for poison ivy)

Camp came to a close on Friday and we practically had to drag the girls away. It didn't matter how dirty, tired, exhausted or sleep deprived they were, they did not want to leave. I too was a little sad for the week to come to a close because on Sunday I was being released of my YW calling. I had a very had time sitting through relief society that day.




I am a very lucky girl to have been able to spend a whole year with such incredible girls. They are amazing and beautiful daughters of God. I love you all!


9 comments:

Jamy said...

How fun! That brings back so memories about my girls camp. I'm sure the girls had a BLAST with you! Too bad they don't have Girls camp for us 'older' girls. That would be so fun!

Lindsay said...

wow! it looks like a blast! What a fun theme!

Michelle said...

It looks like fun! I am sorry you were released, I know how much you loved your calling and the girls. I am glad you will be a little less stressed! Love you! :)

Samantha said...

It looks like you guys had an amazing time! I must admit I am so jealous. Being in the YW presidency was my all time favorite calling. I had a hard time being released, too. The girls I served hold a very special place in my heart. I'm sure it's the exact same for you.

Jenny Allen said...

You are missed in YW! It's always been you and me who head back to YW after RS opening exercises! I feel completely out of touch with you since I didn't get to see you on Tuesday night either! Ahh! But good luck with seminary stuff. You'll do great, of course.

Lbrtychic said...

We are so going to miss you....You did an awesome job at camp and I am going to miss you so much in YW...you know you can go next year if you want to!!!!!!!!!!!! I would have no complaints!! I know the girls are going to love you in Seminary! Thanks again for everything you do for me and the girls!

Becky and Ryan said...

What beautiful smiling faces! Nicole will love your shirt. I will have to show her these cute pictures. I am so pleased camp was such an amazing experience for everyone. You are an amazing woman. I know you will be missed by the young women. The seminary students will be blessed having you teach. You have a zest for life, a Strong Testimony, give of yourself and talents freely they will love you too.

Luv Ya,

Becky

Lindsay said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I was worried to tell her something like that because she blushes easily but I was hoping somebody would. I am glad you did.

Kim said...

What a cute and fun theme!! I have to say though, that is A LOT of pink!